Monday, April 7, 2014

We left out of here about

1:30pm yesterday although it was a little breezy out there, it looked like a nice afternoon. I took a few photo's waiting for my bus to Clareview. After a wait at the UoA we got to WEM about 2:30pm and headed right over to Scotiabank theatre. Apparently they would not accept our Scene points because it was a special event. We'd have to pay $27 each. Anne was willing to fork out the money. Instead I bought us 2 tickets for the non 3D 6:30pm showing of Captain America. I was really pissed off with this Wrestlemania about turn. So we decided to go eat at the food court and there wasn't a place to sit down. A guy and his girl got up and left a dirty table for us to sit down and I said "Could you clean up your mess please and they looked at us like we were sub humans or somethig and I said something, "I don't know how they do things in your country," so the guy stared me down saying I was racist and "that's not cool." I said I was sorry I was pissed off etc, and that's not what I meant but he left without incident. A bit of drama. Anne got all upset with me but that didn't last long. I felt bad because I usually don't get confrontational with strangers. I was upset about not being able to use our Scene movie points for Wrestlemania and I hadn't had anything to eat yet. 

After that I went to the Games Workshop store and Anne and I had agreed to meet at the water park or the theatre whichever came first. The GS store is a lot smaller then I remember it. There was a game underway taking place and I was able to talk with a clerk there about the books. They have a small selection but I got a close up look at the Black Library Horus Heresy Trade paperback books. There's about 2-3 of them I'd like to get but I usually get my Warhammer 40K books at Audrey's. 

After that I headed up to the water park but I couldn't find Anne. It was about 4:30pm. I headed back to the theatre and found some tables near the elevators. I got tired of waiting there for about 40 minutes with no wifi. I headed back to the main floor and down towards the water park and I noticed her by "marine world" watching the sea lions. She wanted a drink and we went into London Drugs and I saw this really "cute" looking black wifi printer for $50! it was on sale and they had a lot of them. Toner cartridges from what the clerk there showed me were $15 for black and $10 for colour. Very reasonable and it came with toner. I almost bought it but Anne came along. We went into Chapters after London Drugs and I got the Warhammer 40K Omnibus book "Salamanders." That's about 20 Warhammer 40K Omnibus books in my library so far and . Then we went to the Captain America line up and after 20 minutes on my feet, we found some seats near the back. 

The movie was awesome. on a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it an 11. I enjoyed everything about the movie. A couple of points though; first. It's not "Captain America and his Howling Commandos." It's Sargent Fury and his Howling Commandos. The Hydra agents are supposed to be in their green jumpsuits with a big yellow H on the front to resemble Yellow suspenders and a green/yellow mask. Other then those 2 points, I liked the whole movie. It was great. After the movie someone on the elevator going down was just getting out of Wrestlemania and we got some surprising updates.

We had a bit of a wait at WEM for our #4 to "South Campus." It's a stop just before Century park on the lrt. There were lots of Oiler jersey's on the train. I knew there was a game I was missing at Rexall on TV and I asked what the score was, 4-2 Oiler's. Perone and Hall each got goals and are at 27 each and Erbele got his 25th. After a bit of a wait at Clareview on the #11 we finally got home shortly before 11. We were out for almost 10 hours. All in all except for that bit of drama earlier it was a good day after all.

All in all except for that bit of drama at the mall, it was a good outing. We almost went for a beer after London Drugs but there wasn't time. 

So, this week I'm in for Monday 5-9, Tuesday 1-9, Wednesday 5-9 and I have that appointment Thursday 5-9 and Friday 3-9, Saturday 10-6pm for 32.5 hours. Hopefully. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment