Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I left out of here at 3pm

yesterday afternoon not yet letting Anne know about Wednesdays shift being cancelled. I went into the 7-11 on Jasper and got our May bus pass and to my Doctors office building. I had a brief wait time and got a coffee by one of the shops that was just about to close. There's a small food court on the main level and I had a coffee in the near vacant food court. A brief wait in the waiting area and my Doctor finally came in to see me. He wanted to draw to my attention is my blood sugar count. He wrote me up a strong recommendation to AW how I should be on Metformin and recommended to AW that that I get on a medical benefits plan that would cover everything, including dental. I'll be doing that Thursday after my 1:30pm Pharmacy appointment at Northgate. I'm just thinking maybe I should go in my suit tomorrow and bring my lodge gear with me. That way I can go right to the lodge from Northgate. After lodge downtown I can meet Anne coming out of work and ride with her on the way home.

After my appointment I worked my way to the office. It was very warm out there. Beautiful day. So I got in the office and the supervisor was saying to those that got the email/phone call, whatever got their shifts cancelled for today, it was mainly due because of low survey completion rates the night before. I wasn't the only one. I think 3 is the threshold because I had 3 completions many times before and still had my shifts the next day. On my break I made a couple lodge related calls to see who is all coming out for early opening/closing Thursday. Doesn't look like I'm going to have a big turnout tomorrow night. I still have some calls to make tonight though. I ended up changing my availability for next week to include Sunday. So I'm busy on the job from this Friday-to-Thursday,if they let me that is. I ended up with 3 completions and not feeling very good about my future with this company. Short or long term, it doesn't look good. Any more shift cancellations and I'm requesting a roe. Shortage of work. There doesn't seem to be any other projects on the immediate horizon either.

I'm up at 10am for noon out of here today to use the computers and to do a job search. This employment agency is supposed to be a place that specializes in getting persons with disabilities employment. I think they use the same job bank that everyone else uses but its easier to get to then AW. It's a block West of Corona station. I have my resume all ready to go and so I'm going to be doing that this afternoon. Ideally I'd like something that I can do 3 days/week and 3 days where I'm working now and do that until I retire. If diabetes lets me live that long. 

The other thing I'm considering after my job search today if there's time is heading over to Axe music and look around and head home from there. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment