Thursday, May 1, 2014

I took the day off today but I sent out a resume

from what the employment agency helped to put together for me last week. I had a relaxing day off, reading a bit of Warhammer 40K doing some music production and answering some email.

Seems my job is about to wind down and I'm left in a bind with no work ahead. Yesterday I got a call from the office saying that I could get a call this morning, or a email etc, stating that shifts are cancelled, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Or the message could state until further notice shifts are cancelled. It's not just me, it's everyone. I'll know why if I get the call. If I don't get a call, the I assume it's business as usual and come in on Friday. If its until further notice, then I'll ask for a record of employment. Yesterday I sent off my new resume to another market research place. The idea is to have both going so I'll always  have something to do and money coming in. I also have 2 resumes to send out Friday as well.

We have a special event happening this month in lodge. It's a combination of visiting another lodge that has their lodge the same night as ours at the downtown lodge or "show up in your work cloths." So with a 6pm start where members that don't want to visit can show up in their street/work cloths or go to the other lodge. Since it looks like I'm not going to have enough members to help me open lodge, and I have my Pharmacy/AW appointment I'm considering going to go to lodge, right from there and cancel the visit. We might have a few that will be able to go. The only problem being is the bar for the festive board wont arrive until 6pm and I'll be done with lodge before then if we can't open lodge. Reason for this is a couple of our core guys are heading to Westlock for something there. Two of the guys are working late and wont be able to get to the 6pm. It basically leaves less then whats needed to have a min quorum. Our lodge has never been in this situation before. The good news is, I'll be able to pay my lodge dues today!

Yesterday we got up to +22, which is our 1st day +20 and over. Very nice. So today, I'm out of here at noon for that long trip to Northgate to see my pharmacist and AW with my Doctors prescription to see if I can get any medical benefits. Then from there, it's home and dress and off to Lodge. I emailed our secretary to see if he can bring some Costco sandwiches. I think 2 of the guys might join me to visit. I'll go if just 1 is ready to go. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment