Monday, May 19, 2014

Well at least I have

holiday Monday (today) off.

On this day 30 years ago the Edmonton Oiler's won their 1st Stanley Cup. I was living at 155 96th Ave on that fateful day. I had a little basement room working at t he Army & Navy warehouse. I was 31 years old. The 80's were a blast. Hard to believe that the first time the Oiler's won the cup was May 19th 1984. I watched the whole game, wow..

Just noticed this on a friends Facebook page, so I hit the share button:


I got one more day left of my long weekend. I've got no work for my first job and on the new job I just began last week, I'm dangling by a thread on that one. I think the first steady job I get, I'm going to keep and cast anything that isn't steady adrift.

I've got less then a Gb of space left on this computer  and when I began to get rid of most of the rarely used programs, I accidently got rid of my iTunes. Yeesh, it hasn't been a very good month. At least I got to watch some hockey yesterday.

Speaking of which:

 Photo: http://www.angryedmontonfan.com

^ Sorry, I couldn't resist.

On tap this week, I go into my new job for possibly my last day tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday but I'm going to ask for evenings and if I get onto that, it's Monday-Saturday but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. Not that I have a say in it. Then I got Thursday and Friday I'm chairing an important meeting in my lodge Friday night 

I'm sending out resumes everyday and I'm sure I'll find something, even if it's "Regional ML" or where my buddy Warren works. It's all the way out by Royal Pizza on 118th from 8:30-4pm. I'd need to be up at 6 out the door by 7am to be there by 8:30pm. It's basically doing what I'm doing with my 2nd job: Advertizing, which I'm no good at. I'm still going to send out resumes everyday and see if anything develops. I won't know until I get home if anyone responded to my resume until I get home and check on the call history for the
day. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment