Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wednesday I left out of here at 3pm

thinking I'm pushing the clock here because I missed that 1st bus to Clareview station. Even after a wait for my bus to Clareview and a wait on the train (I forgot my iTouch player/clock) I had only a vague idea what my time was looking at. A wait for the bus on 129th there and it's 1 stop away but it's a long walk. I got into the office at 3:35pm. I don't really need to leave out of here until about 315pm.

This weekend the plan is Friday morning run over to the tm job and get my cheque and then do my banking, get my book go to the employment agency put my name in for that course in October. I'd like to work Friday night but there's apparently no crew working. So it's home to get ready for Saturday's BBQ our lodge is putting on for its members. It's been an annual tradition the JW does. I'm meeting my pick up ride across the street from  McKernan /Belgravia for 1:30pm. It's going to be a fun afternoon. Sunday the City is shutting the lrt from Clareview to Corona again. Sunday the tm shift starts 2-6. So I've got to take a ETS replacement LRT bus from Clareview to Belvedere and at 6pm take a replacement bus from Belvedere to Rexall and the #8 where I need to go for my 7pm meeting. That's my weekend.

I'm still riding on the Edmonton Oil Kings high of them winning the Memorial cup. There are 60 teams in the Canadian Hockey League who's ultimate goal is to win the Memorial cup. In the WHL there are 17 Canadian teams and 5 American teams. Kamloops Blazers won the Memorial cup 6 times since the WHL was founded in 1966. While I'm not a huge fan of minor hockey it's pretty decent hockey and I've been to a Oil Kings game. The Alberta Junior Hockey League has decent hockey as well and I always like to follow how the Sherwood park Crusaders are doing. Yesterday there was a parade for the Oil Kings and a celebration at Churchill square park. Now if only some of what the oil Kings did last Sunday rubs off on the Oiler's.

This is going to be an interesting BBQ to say the least but it's going to be very pricey. Not for the members because it's free for members Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment