Sunday, May 4, 2014

Yesterday Calgary got

about 2 inches of snow and it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get our portion overnight when I wake up later this morning.

The plan is for Anne and I to leave out of here for a late brunch for Rickies. It's just a chance to get out of the apartment I've been stuck in since Friday afternoon. Plus I hope to pick up either "The Space Marine" or "Soul drinker" Warhammer 40K omnibus book at Coles on our way back. Well that's the idea. 

For those that don't know, today is Star Wars Day, and to think we have an unusual person to thank for the date – former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. She was elected on May 4, 1979 – two years after “Star Wars” was released. An ad was placed in the London Evening News that read, “May The Fourth Be With You, Maggie. Congratulations.” It stuck ever since.

Pretty much for most of the afternoon I've been working on a pop-rap music track all evening and watching bits and pieces of the Kings/Ducks hockey game. Anne came home and we had a Perogie dinner, watching the news and reading some Warhammer 40K.

I'm not looking forward to this funeral Thursday. First of all I don't know where exactly the service is going to be. I know its in Saint Michale's and I have some lines to read in front of strangers in a suit and tie. Hopefully I'll be home by 7pm. At least I've got my hours back more or less and not this cheque but my next one will be good. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment