Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Finally we have lea ves out on trees this mid

month of May although its been on the chilly side of the season. Yesterday May 19th 30 years ago the Edmonton Oiler's won their first of 5 Stanley Cups. The basement room I lived in the house I lived in is no longer there just around the corner of 97th Ave and 155th street. 

I'm in the office just East of Belvedere station today since I have no work at my original job. I'm there, for now. What bugs me is last week Monday and Tuesday there were  no shifts because they needed only non English speaking interviewers. and they were cleaning up the month end cycle. Ok. Then I get a call asking me to drop everything on Wednesday I said I'd be in on Thursday. This was last week. So I go in on Friday after I do my banking and they tell me because of my flow rate I don't have any shifts this week at all. What's even worse is on my cheque I have one day plus stat. Bottom line, I'm pretty much done with my current job and barely a pulse beat with this new "second job." So depending on what comes out of this job then that I'm on now, I'm unemployed. I made myself available for anything next week. Nice way to treat staff isn't it? I didn't really need the market research job when I was invited to take it. I had a nice severance package from the job I held for 12 years. The severance package was  coming to a close. So I took it. The first year was ok then spotty, now me.

So, if I'm out of a job this week, I'm filing for ei and if I can get enough to meet my bottom line, to keep me going for 6 months. I'll take it and do the market research job once a week. But we'll see how it's going this week and next week. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment