Saturday, May 10, 2014

Trees out there are supposed to have leaves on them by now

and just a few days away from mid month they are not even beginning to bud. This is one of the coldest Springs on record. Even right now its partially overcast with sunny breaks, and +6 but it feels like +3. Here's a photo taken about 2:15pm just now:



I was expected to work today but we got the word from the project manager that they only want non-English speaking surveyors to do any calling this weekend, which is pretty much most of our office. Its the end of the "month cycle." The new cycle should begin on Monday. From what we were told by the supervisor that the whole weekend was out, yet the supervisor said she emailed our schedules for this and it shows Sunday 12-8pm. So now I've got to pack my stuff up for the day and at noon call the office to confirm. My sketchy hours is what's causing this current friction between my wife and I and when she got home from her job last night we had a big fight over it. I might have a weekend off but I'm paying for it.

I've got bad teeth, I'm diabetic and my vision is being plagued by some annoying floaters. I've got early stages of Ostereoarthritest in my left knee. I've got psoriasis on my scalp I inherited from my father, I'm itchy all the time (blood sugars) I'm about 50 pounds over weight. I'm a real mess. If I get to live to 79 like good old Milt, I'd be a contented man and 79 isn't that far off. Seventy-nine is just 17 years away. I'd be happy if I keep what I have now and live to 65 and collect my pension.    

I was supposed to go into the Northgate PCN yesterday but since I made the appointment last week, my hours at work have changed. Add to attending Milt's service Thursday and heading into work for my 2pm shift would have been too much. The person I needed to see when I phoned to re-book said I can just leave the materials at the counter. It's not a appointment. If Anne's still talking with me and we can put out this fire, all I need from her is her Government ID and mine to show our address. We can photocopy that. This is not to get assistance, it's to get medical benefits for me so I can get onto Metformin and have my diabetic supplies and my dental work paid for.

Last night I had the chance to pop into Audrey's books just to say I wouldn't be able to pick anything up until next Friday. Not that I didn't have any cash on me but it being in between payday's would leave me short for all of next week.

On tap today, I'm working on my track and maybe watch a hockey game tonight but we'll see how it goes. Anyway that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment