Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday afternoons I like to stay at home if

at all possible, muck around on the computer read etc. I even get the wife out of my hair for a bit. She goes off to do her shopping that sort of thing, I love Sundays.

Last night (well I paid for it) Anne bought us a pizza dinner pack. It's not our favorite pizza but we were arguing and fighting earlier and that carried on while we were eating. Ironic that it was from the same place she works at that Anne was complaining that her job cut her down to just 1 shift for next week, "I'm not paying rent etc." It got ugly so then she orders pizza from the job she hates and the pizza we're not thrilled over. I was going to have my beer but that fiasco put a damper on that occasion. 

Poor Boots hasn't been feeling well these days. As seen in this photo taken about 10 minutes ago, he's in pain. We think he has a fractured jaw from a cat fight previously. The vet gives him a shot and some ointment for his mouth. He has good days and bad days but I'm afraid we might need to put him down this summer. When his appetite gets the better of him, and he can't eat then we'll have to make a decision.

View image on Twitter
This week is just a straight work week. I have no appointments, no meetings. Nothing. For now tomorrow, I'm up at 6 for a full day and home for Monday night. Tuesday through Thursday could be the same as Monday depends on how Monday goes, or I'd be in the office 4-9pm. In that case Friday would be my day off. Saturday and next Sunday I'm in for 4 hours. Working that Monday 8:30-4pm gives me the 3 hours I'd miss Friday. It gives me 30 hour/week and enough for a bus pass if I needed a bus pass at these prices every week. I don't know what I'm going to do with my mr job but I've got to call them say something like how I'd like to keep the door open that sort of thing. If the mr has a full time day project then great, I'm on board 3 days at the other place. When they don't have a day project it's at my tm job. The day projects are mostly a Monday-Friday situation. I like that kind of a situation I could do the mr job 9-4pm and my tm job 5-9 for 3 days/week. I'd like to have a situation like that.

This afternoon I'm tinkering around with a Cubase track if my wonky laptop will let me before it overheats and crashes. It suffers from a low cpu outage on the mobo sitting there at 1.7ghz. To run any of the music programs I have on my laptop for any length of time I'd need at least 2ghz. Laptops overheat too easily. There are laptop cooling trays and I hear they do a pretty good job at keeping the laptop in a cooler state while in use. I put together a couple of templates in Cubase to help speed up the workflow. I've got one template that has 24 i/o's buses mono in stereo out. I need another usb cable though to use my audio interface. Music production isn't cheep. That song on Jim Tube "This is Jim saying hello," was all done on my laptop. It's just a sample with no attempt to mix or master. It's all done with vst's but I'm looking at the Roland FA 06 workstation after I get the pc but that wont be until about September or even October, after the pc is paid off.

Looks like we had a bit of rain earlier. It's very nice out there with a light breeze. A perfect summer afternoon. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment