Saturday, August 12, 2017

I woke up about 7am this morning feeling ok except for a bit of

chest pain. Anne gives me 1 medicinal aspirin a day. When I was in the NE emergency clinic just over here by the EPS NE Police station last March, they gave me a chest x-ray and found nothing wrong with my heart. I had all the symptoms this morning, like soar arm, neck etc. of a heart attack. No droopy smile and my face just as ugly as ever 😄. I found the aspirin and after taking that, I went to bed for a bit but couldn't sleep. I felt better latter on.

I was 47 years old when the main story that August 12th 2000 was the sinking of the Russian submarine Kursk that went down in the Barent sea. Out of 118 crew 23 of them clung to life losing oxygen as the sub hit bottom. The tragedy of Kursk, didn't begin there. The tragedy has its roots in 1991 at the end of the cold war. The end  of the cold war, budget cuts torpedo maintenance left idle, were the main factors the boat sunk. Amidst all of the political rhetoric and Russia still fighting the cold war, the survivors waited for rescue. The remaining crew were never rescued alive. The cause of the sinking of the Kursk, was a faulty torpedo leak that caused a chain reaction.

Motorcyclists are normally well adjusted people. I know a few of them personally. My brother rides a motorcycle. So when the motorcycle mob story in Toronto made national headlines a few days ago I took notice. So what these people do is tear up and down the freeway doing dangerous stunts, stressing out other motorists in general causing mayhem and slowing traffic. The bikers aggressive behavior sparked road rage on more then a few occasions and not just in this country. There's the incident that was filmed from a dashcam in June that went viral from Santa Clarita. And in this country there was road rage from 5 motorcyclist that caused death.

So far I'm having a nice weekend, relaxing. I've got this lodge thing going on tomorrow. The folk fest is well under way. But it feels good having a night off by myself. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment