Wednesday, August 16, 2017

This morning after I woke up I went to get water for my coffee

This morning after I woke up I went to get water for my coffee and no water from the taps. As far as I know, we never received a "24 hour Shut down water notice." Lets try the bath room sink faucet. No water there. Anne never filled up the kettle or get a reserve of water anywhere else. This place where I live has about 6 scheduled plumbing maintenance episodes/year. So many so that "#203 can figure it out," The water comes back on about noon-1pm.

Ok so far this year, my 12 year old pc died, we had to put our 17 year old cat down last month, I lost my job, all this and I turn 65 next week. Wait now, I've got enough material in this paragraph to make my own country music song. Can I get a "C" please?

Speaking about country music and such, Elvis Presley was in that genre. I was never really a fan. Elvis was still relevant music wise in the '60's even with the British invasion going on. I liked a few of his songs and I've seen most of his 13 movies. The announcement of Elvis's death is one of those history defining moments, where you knew where you were when the announcement of a major personality died. For JFK I was 12 years old at what is now called Miller park school in Coquitlam. That event for me and in my class was the start to an early weekend. Then when the announcement came on about Elvis's death, I was more aware and in tuned with that event. A young wargaming colleague of mine were going to play 'Wellington's Victory." The game was what we'd call at the time was a "monster game" because it was huge with thousands of pieces. We had the game all set up then a break for lunch by the pool. This was in West Vancouver. I was a bit stunned to hear this before lunch was served. My young friend wanted to continue the game tomorrow. I remember coming home where I was living uptown New Westminster coming home to my room in the Anderson house. I can't recall exactly where the house was but on the news they were talking about it, the long lines at Graceland to see the body. I remember that vividly. Years latter when I had internet access, I discovered some references that Elvis was a Rosicrucian but I doubt that. Then there was his friendship with Muhammad Ali the boxer. Hard to believe that for a music icon like Elvis that had For a laugh there's always the conspiracy theory that Elvis faked his death at the age of 42. If Elvis is alive he'd be 82 years old now. Its hard to believe that with 10 #1 US albums, 18 #1 US singles, 13 movies, Elvis had earned him more then a billion dollars but had around $10 million at the time of his death. I just hope I'm alive to blog about Elvis and the 50th anniversary of his death.

Not much going on right now. I'm expecting 2 things in the mail: A card from Anne's sister. She's a close friend of the family. She sends me something every year. I'm also expecting my blue cross for seniors card. That's got to be in the mail this week if I'm supposed to have this by Monday. Yesterday, Anne bought me some Metformin (first time using it) and that's a $30 hit every 3 months. When I get the card my diabetic supplies should be covered by about 80%. Anyway, that's all for now. Jim has left the building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment