Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I had no idea when I left

for my Doctors appointment yesterday and at home later opening my email, I'd have a good news bad news kind of a day. Even at my Doctors office, there was very little waiting. Even my blood pressure was 113/70 with a pulse rate of 89.

The good news at my Doctors was the hyperthyroid results came back negative. The sub Doctor asked me if I was taking Metformin. I'd heard it had side affects and it was expensive. The side effects are on some people. She asked me if I would like a prescription. "Its $30 for a 3 month supply," Sure. "Come for another visit in 3 months. I left feeling ok and enjoyed my commute home. No hassle. Anne had left on a bottle run to get me a Wendy's Baconator combo. I checked my email and there was a follow up from the Heart & Stroke foundation. I saw the words "unfortunately," uh-oh. Apparently "my services are no longer needed." Translation: I was fired. There was no "come in and see me," and then give me an explanation. Just cut and dry. I was counting on that job September, October etc because my other market research job usually has little or no work during those months, When Anne got home with my lunch, I gave her the good news bad news. She took the bad news pretty well because even though Heart & Stroke was limited it was steady work, there was a lot of rejection to it. My job and the people that worked with me was to call people out of the phone book by areas and ask if they would like to do some volunteer canvasing. People don't stick with it for that reason. We don't use computers there, just pushing paper. Most of the people we called were old or crippled. I'd be lucky after making 220 calls in a 4 hour shift I'd get 1 person to agree to canvas online. We had a retention list as well and I'd call a few, and get the odd one. For that they paid me $13/hour for a 4 hour shift. They seldom had a full room, maybe 8-10 callers a night. They'd never fire anyone but they would never invite you back. I liked the job and the hours were good. Now I just have the one job and hopefully they will resume for a bit in September. At least I have ei for now until the end of October and I have full pension after that, so its not to bad. The basics are covered. I'm going to try and keep my market research job going for at least as long as some major bills are taken care if.

Its been a rough 2017 so far. First I lose my cat and now my job. I enjoyed my job at the Heart & Stroke. My West end job is easier to get to because its just bus/train/bus and I get home in about an hour. Anne wants me to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays off. I like this job because often we have a few days to a week break in between projects. I'm rather depressed over losing this job but I'll bounce back. If I lose my market research job I'd like to get out of the call centre business altogether. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment