Monday, August 21, 2017

Sunday was spent engaged in part

in a Live Stream from one of my You Tube subscriptions and watching Summerslam up to 9pm. These Live streams are enjoyable. Yesterday it was Doug Woods from the Sound test room. Good times.

Today in a few short hours its a celestial event known as the Solar eclipse. On this my 65th birthday. August 21st 1952 Now put the 2 together and this is why its a special occasion. A milestone. I probably should do something to celebrate but I'm not famous, so today would have gone by unnoticed if it wasn't for the eclipse. Mixed emotions are playing with my head today as I'm trying to process what this all means, turning 65 on the day of a solar eclipse and all. other then having problems with calluses on my right heal causing some discomfort, I'm ok. Most likely the callus heal is a sign of diabetes or a yeast infection. The good news about turning 65 is I can now instead of paying $94/month for a bus pass, It's now $15/month. That's what I paid for a adult monthly pass in 1978, I've come full circle. The real "fun" begins next month when my seniors health benefits kick in and because I'm low income next month, I get to apply for a low income seniors annual bus pas of $57. My pension basically pays my rent. I have no job at the moment so my ongoing bills can only be paid off if I get back to work at my market research job. The good news is I get to pay my lodge dues this month and I might buy a $15 iTunes gift card. There are a few perks by becoming a senior. Apparently lots of my diabetic supplies are "covered." By that I mean next month my diabetic supplies etc are covered 70% by the provincial government and 30% covered by me.

Ok, on my plate this week: Today I'm at Ft. Edmonton park. If your in the area after the eclipse, drop by at the Masonic Lodge building. We're upstairs above the café and across from the "fire hall", say hi Jim. Birthday greetings are optional. I've got to set up a appointment to see the foot doctor. Friday its the Riders/Eskimo's at Commonwealth stadium. Other then that, not much, its still summer. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment