Monday, August 7, 2017

My ISP is acting up on me today

what with it being holiday Monday and all and with random showers in some areas of the city, lots of people are inside slowing the Internet down. I had a nice couple of days off at home over the weekend, and getting a lot of reading done. Not much else has been going on for me this weekend. At the moment, I'm awaiting for lab results from my Doctor to check for hyperthyroid. We're trying to isolate by trial and error the results of my sudden April to last check up in weight gain. I'm kind of looking over my shoulder with that. If I don't get a phone call from his office, then "no news is good news." Our outdoors "Heritage days" festival is underway wrapping up today. This event is always plagued with rain over the long weekend this time of year. Why they don't hold it during the Victoria day long weekend I have know idea. Tonight is TV wrestling for 3 hours but I might just leave it and have it recorded for later after the news at 11 or just start the show at 10pm and have our dinner from there.

Since my 2005 computer died out on me last week, I had to resort to several free word processors on my pc stick. I didn't like Ableword because of the lack of auto spellcheck and the continuous page feature wouldn't work for me. I'm back to Open Office and its ok, except that its bundled with a bunch of other stuff I don't need. I'm missing my Works word processor. Yet I'm using Open Office anyway. The problem (I think) with my desktop pc from 2005 is that its old and the cmos battery to the motherboard died, which is why the computer wont boot up. The motherboard battery is about the shape, colour and size of a quarter and usually last anywhere from 10-12 years 2005-2017. Usually the motherboard battery will sit in a slot with a lever. The battery is easy to find I located mine. Memory Express has them for about $3. So, tomorrow, at 1pm I'm heading out to follow up on my South side job and who now is in charge. Am I ok to come back in September? I hope to get some headway on that tomorrow. Then I can catch the #70 bus heading South just off of 51st Ave to get my battery. I can install this thing myself when i get home. Its a pretty simple install.

After Tuesday, its the Esks/Ottawa CFL game Thursday. I've got my ei report to fill in on Friday and Sunday I'm doing something with my lodge plus I've got some memory work part (public speaking) for after the labour day long weekend. That first Thursday. This morning after the news last night, on Netflex, we watched the most recent Mission Impossible "Rouge Nation" movie. I thought it was great and gave it a 4.5/5 rating. It didn't gross over $2B for nothing. This week is going to be a bit busy. Not hectic busy. Three more weeks then I'm a senior. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about that milestone. Speaking of that night August 21st, I'll be at Fort Edmonton park, in the historic Masonic building upstairs above the café. Me and another colleague from our lodge will be doing a meet and greet with the public, answering some questions etc. I like to do this every year. Its casual wear I think from 6-9. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment