Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The new Edmonton downtown

arena will be called Rogers Place. City council still has to approve the overall budget of $600 million if it goes over that then it has to go back to City council but even if it goes over budget it's the contractor that has to pick up the tab for the over runs. If all goes well, then shovels could be in the ground by March 2014.

Yesterday on the news they were making fun of a proposal by Amazon to drop small packages to customers by helicopter drones. The idea is to get small packages in the customer's hands within 48 hours or something like that. I can just imagine the skies being littered by these drones and Anne and I trying to leave our apartment having these things swarming like misquotes all over the front door, lol.

I mentioned to my boss that I have another part time job and he said he was surprised it took me so long. So that's a relief. I start my new job today as I'm off at 8:30pm tonight. I'm working at my first job Sunday (If they have a Sunday shift) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. My 2nd job, Thursday, Friday Saturday. Of course my first Thursday of the month is out because of Lodge commitments. Both jobs unfortunately are not steady full time jobs. My 2nd job I'm off in the month of February, June, July, August. August at my 1st job is usually slow and my 2nd job isn't activated until September. My first job pays me less then my 2nd job by an extra $4/hour. So tonight I'm starting at my 2nd job, tomorrow is Lodge night and Friday my 1st job is having their annual "holiday party." I'm working Saturday morning at my 2nd job. Sunday I'm at my first job from 10-6pm. Then I'm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at my first job. Then Thursday, Friday Saturday at my 2nd job. So from Saturday December 7th until Saturday December 14th but it's only 4 hours. Sounds confusing? No kidding. 

I was at my bank before my shift yesterday afternoon trying to get a DBD form for my 2nd job and then they asked me my address. What? Then they asked me my date of birth. I began to get suspicious. Then at work I began to realize what's going on. When I opened my account I didn't use my original mailing address as I didn't want any mail from a bank getting to my residence because I wanted this account private account so I could save some money. So this means I need to leave out of here about 2:30pm today to explain whats going on. The bank is under new management and I didn't recognize anyone behind the teller there that would know me. Anyway, that's about all for now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment