Sunday, December 1, 2013

if your a casual reader of this blog

you might have noticed some cosmetic changes here. It's got nothing to do with this being the "2nd month of winter" but rather I just got tired of the skin of this blog.

My laptop wasn't suffering from a password reset. It was suffering from a "User Profile Services" failed login. After a bit of checking (Thanks YouTube) I came across many fixes for this including this one. I tried systems restore, and going into user accounts to create a iso pw fix and user accounts, all kinds of things and the one in the link worked the best. So what would cause this to happen? About a year ago my laptop received a virus. One of the Supervisors at at work helped me out but said my OS was pretty much toast but he would see what he could do. A few days latter he came back saying he installed a copy of a popular OS. So imagine my surprise when I got the error message above. It looks like I'll need to get a copy of Windows. I know there are hacks out there and I might keep this long enough to save for Windows 7 64 Home ed. It's only $120 at Memory Express.. 

I was doing a lot of reading about Jack Ruby the man who shot Oswald. The more I read about Ruby the more I realize that he had no ties to the mafia or organized crime. Ruby wasn't a gun smuggler or mafia errand boy or anything like that. I'm not saying he was an angel but he wasn't a criminal. If anything he was an asshole and a bully, someone to stay away from. If I was Oswald's age in Dallas in 1963, I stay away from Ruby's night clubs.  

Sometimes I can get a little slow here. I recently rediscovered Flikr. Apparently everyone that signs up for a free account gets a Terabyte of storage. Pictures taken with a 6.5 megapixel camera can store something like 537,731 photos. The higher the mega pixels the less storage space. My 12MP (Mega pixel) Samsung camera for instance 291,271 pictures, which is amazing. I  only have about 6 photo's but I have something like 16Gb of photo's I want to upload. More or less. 

I've got a big week ahead here. I've got to try and negotiate some hours with my boss while still keeping this current job and balancing that with my new job. My current boss is flexible but between both jobs it means my hours are back to where they were before my hours were reduced. Then I've got to get a direct bank deposit form (or dbd) as I call them for my 2nd job and I start that Wednesday and on Thursday I'm being installed as Lodge Master. It took me 6 years to get here where it should normally take 8. I skiped a couple of chairs (Senior Steward & Junior Deacon.)  All this and we have this big winter storm developing and the cold weather to go along with it. Saturday morning heading in is going to be cold! 

So today, it's relaxing reading and watching the Oiler game on TV. Monday and Tuesday is going to be tough. Wednesday as well because that's when I start my new job. I was with this company before, so I know what it's like. It's in a rough area of town but I'm not alone going home. I might get the 9pm train heading home at Clareview. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment