Thursday, December 26, 2013

Other then my wife being sick with

the flue, one might think I'm on the other side of 'marital bliss.' Or on the other end of a strong case of PMS. Wait now, its almost the same thing. She's reacting the only way she knows how, its not her fault. I have one more day with this and back to work Friday, yeaaaa! It's only for 4 hours though.

Anne tells me we have a couple of Doctor Who episodes in the ol pvr, I'll be catching one of them today and Saturday after work.  

For the most part I was working on a track in Cubase 6 Christmas day and getting bogged down in clipping issues. My 31st attempt at finally figuring it out and mostly using it correctly. I'm still having issues with some programs grayed out. I'd like to use the limiter under the dynamics tab but it's grayed out to. The forums aren't much help here and neither is Google. 

My mom and dad married in their late 20's and too old to be part of the early rock n' roll scene going on at places like the Hollywood bowl in New West, then the Grooveyard. When my parents were teens they were most likely into Swing music. Jimmy Dorsey, Martha Tilton, Benny Goodman,that sort of thing. My parents as teens would have gone to Vancouver in the 1930's. The Hollywood bowl was mostly a place for 1950's teens to hang out. It was way before my time but the Grooveyard would be just taking over in that location with the sounds of the R and B scene in the mid 1960's. The Hollywood Bowl earned a "rough reputation" in the 1950's, which most likely carried over into the 1960's generation. I would be like 14 when the Grooveyard was in it's prime but we were out in the "sticks" in suburban Coquitlam. The only time we got out to New West was to visit Grandma and to pick out my first bike in 1959 at Caps. But that was in Sapperton on the way to New West as everyone calls it. I'm sure before the club then called "The Hollywood bowl" and Metro today it was another dance spot in the 30's.

Today is Boxing Day and it's going to be crazy busy in about another 8 hours. I'm glad I'm not out there. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment