Saturday, December 14, 2013

This is my straight 8th day working 2 jobs like this and I have another

week to go plus 35 hours between both jobs. It basically means a pay cheque every Friday between now and the end of May. 

I'm not about to give up on my laptop just yet for music production. I've known about laptop cooling trays for awhile now. Laptops are notorious for giving off to much heat. programs like Guitar Rig in my laptop crash on start up and I think it's because of my cpu and not my hard drive per se. AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-42. Speed : 1.60GHz. I'm thinking about upgrading the laptop's cpu to a Turion 64 X2 TL-68 at 2.4 GHz. Its a significant upgrade that can fit in this Acer but more on this later.

Edmonton Alberta is the go to place for anyone wanting a job here in Canada. Our unemployment rate is about 5% and the housing rate is something like 1.6% In other words it's easy to get a job here but hard to find rental accommodations. Anne and I are lucky to have what we have. The Oiler's may be losing and the weather is cold but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. 

Today I'm in for 4 hours and Sunday for 7.5. It's a full day tomorrow but the weather is warming up for a bit but by next weekend the weather should be back to where it is now currently at -15, which isn't that cold.

This weekend ETS has the LRT shut down from Clareview to Stadium station. I'm taking the train down to Rexall and catching a #5 there, which means  no breakfast stop at Tim's but I'll do that tomorrow morning. After work, I'm considering some lasagna at Tim's for my dinner and then home . Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment