Friday, December 20, 2013

On the South bound train at Rexall about 3pm

yesterday my train kept stopping and waiting and that's when I thought, well do I get off here at Rexall and try and catch the #5 waiting here or wait for it downtown by the Money Mart on the same side of the street at the end of the block where Audrey's books is? Meh, may as well stay on the train because sure enough as soon as I get off at Rexall and go topside on the other side of the tracks my bus will be gone. My train stopped for about 5 minutes 3-4 times all the way to Corona. I ended up waiting 15 minutes there anyway for the #5. I got on the #135, which the driver said stops at the same stops as the #5. I didn't want to take that chance, in case he was unsure so I thought I'd get off at about The Pearl highrise and wait for the #5 there. I got off at my stop at 4pm and they didn't close the doors. Today I'm going to get the #5 at Rexall and even though it's a long ride, at least I'm not in the cold for 20 minutes. Actually it wasn't all that cold this afternoon and even coming back. It was like -14 but there was no wind, which was a bonus. I got home about 9:30pm. 

I was watching a very compelling documentary on YouTube this morning called "The Elvis Files." I'm not suggesting I believe that Elvis is still alive or anything like that but there is some very compelling evidence to suggest he is. If so he would be 78 years old. Like many of my generation we remember where we were during important historical events. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news that JFK was shot. I remember exactly where I was when John Lennon was killed. I remember where I was when I first heard over the radio that Elvis died. I wasn't exactly a fan of his music. I was too young for Elvis but just right for the Beatles in a appreciation of popularity and music wise. We've all heard or possibly said the joke, "Elvis has left the building, or his famous, 'Thank you, thank you very much." type phrase. We laughed at the "Elvis sightings" etc. Well, after watching this documentary on Elvis, I'm rethinking about this. In 1970 Elvis was on his plane to Washington wanting to visit with then President Richard Nixon. About this time he wrote a letter to Nixon, writing about the concerns he had over the state of the country. Elvis researchers years later obtained this letter and noticed some similarities between that letter and the hand writing on Elvis's death certificate. Hand writing experts super imposed the Nixon letter on top of the death certificate and found both "matched!" During the 1970's Elvis had a lot of death threats upon him and some researchers believe that Elvis's death was due in part to Elvis being on a Government witness protection program. There were polls taken at the time of "The Elvis Files"during the late 1980's and early 1990's suggesting that about 85% of Americans believe Elvis is still alive. I'm sure those that do support that notion based those opinions on "The Elvis Files" etc. So where could Elvis be? Anywhere. It's widely known that Elvis was into Gnostic beliefs and paid many visits to the Rosicrucian park in California and I believe that if he is still alive that could have been one of the locations  where he was stayed after his death. 

So today it's another 4 hour shift on my 2nd job and then at last I have a day off. Saturday! Wow. Then a long day Sunday on my 2nd job and then Monday and I get 3 days off. 

*Update: I called about my hours on my 1st job moments ago and I'm working Sunday, Monday, off for 3 days, back on Friday and working the following Saturday. That's for the first part of this pay period. I also have 2 stats within the upcoming pay period as well. The hours and stats are going to be a ok start to the New Year. Not great but ok.

Still in keeping with the update I'm considering taking on a 3rd part time job! I'm looking at Sundays, 7-12:30am, 5.5 hours and Mondays 9:30pm-12:30pm. If I'm working days Mondays I'll ask if I can start at 6pm-12:30am. But I'm thinking Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Friday it would be after my 2nd job 9-12:30am. I'd be looking at 32 hours in a pay period. My 2 other jobs would be for my obligations around here and the other possible 3rd job would be for my own use and I'm considering another bank account as well. Where the 3rd job makes sense form an hours standpoint is when my 1st job is only able to provide me with part time hours, since my hours on my first job project based. My 2nd job hours are static and so would be the 3rd job. The 3rd job Anne doesn't know about yet but over the holidays I'm going to open another bank account. I like  TD because the Edmonton Centre branch is open Saturdays. The thing is, none of these hours are in conflict with each other or my lodge and even the lodges I want to visit. I'm going to keep this going until I retire and then just before retirement take a leave of absence from all jobs and go on a "medical unemployment" and take some time off until my full pension kicks in. Then I'll decide from there what will be my one and only part time job. I've got 3.8 months to decide. Most likely it'll be a combination of my 1st and 2nd jobs. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment