Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Snow fell on my way into work and on my way

back.

Having 2 part time jobs has it's moments but the scheduling is the tough part trying to juggle everything. My first job has me inked in for Friday and Saturday that's my fault because that's when my 2nd job has me back as well. For my 2nd job I'm Thursday, Friday, Saturdays. Except this week its Friday/Saturday at my first job. So, I'm thinking about calling in my first job this Friday saying I wont be in that day but in on Saturday. Then whey I'm in on Friday at my 2nd job I'll say I won't be in Saturday. That way everyone gets my time. it's complicated I know.

This morning my wife says upstairs in the hallway somebody left 2 apparently working TV's. At least according to the note left behind saying for anyone to help themselves. Somebody obviously got a new TV for Christmas. I helped Anne bring one of the TV's in and we set it up in place of our TV that isn't getting any audio. Strange this one isn't getting audio as well. Something tells me for some reason we're not getting any audio in because it's something our ISP is doing. Anne called our ISP tech support and they suggested it's most likely our cable into the TV that needs upgraded (after 10 years) They're sending in a new cable in the new year.

2013 started off with uncertainty. I was just getting my severance package finalized by my previous place of employment. I had all of December 2012 off and all of January 2013 off, and the NHL went back to work. I paid off on my Maschine account at LM. Read 2 books. Then I got a job offer. I received a nice income tax return in the Spring. I bought a wifi camera a couple of computer music programs. Anne and I saw a couple movies from our Scene reward program and "Money in the bank," a WWE PPV at West Edmonton Mall (WEM). We've been out there 2-3 times this year to WEM. I probably should have bought the 2 studio monitors instead of the 2 computer music programs and the camera and I could have got a desk as well or I should have got the monitors on the account because shortly after buying Maschine Mk2 Native Instruments brings out Maschine Studio! I had steady employment for much of the Spring but then at the end of July the bad news blow to my hours cut back to a couple shifts/week but my income tax return helped soften the blow that Summer. LM moved its 109th street location out to the West End. I applied for my CPP and got it. Then there was the civic election. We lost a budgie bird we almost got evicted because of bedbugs, which we had tested negative for. My local Tim Horton's was closed for renovations. I got "elected" WM of my lodge for 2014 and I started another part time job. One of my top moments for 2013 was reconnecting with family after a 12 year absence. Out of that I was able to find more details on mom and dad adding a bit of closure for me and that's where we are now. 2013 had it's ups and downs. 

I've got another glorious 3 days off. One of them with pay. Thursday my first real night as Lodge Master. I'm looking forward to it but that's a couple of days away. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment