Monday, December 16, 2013

For the most part

I'm holding out from a straight 8 days on the job of no breaks. The scary part is, I'm actually getting used to it.

Doing some more reading over Canada Post and the gradual ending of to the door service. The main problem is pensions. Public service pensions are crippling this country. There's a movement that's trying to have cpp increases for all Canadians. Yeah at what cost? Mostly its Eastern Provinces are in favour of this but the West are not and for good reason. Guess where the money is supposed to come from? You guessed it, the oilsands. I don't mind if cpp goes up for all Canadians as long as the funds are coming out of the public sector. There's more to it of course then that mainly the many baby boomers like myself turning 60 claiming early retirement. It's a huge concern but I have a solution that will make everyone happy, cut back by say 75% the amount spent on Immigration. Canada spends about $23B annually on this bloated elephant. Since we're talking about a expanded pension for All Canadians, why don't we use the public pension contributions. It shouldn't be fair that the public sector not only be allowed to collect cpp but their own bloated pensions as well. Sure I'm all for pension reform as long as everyone plays by the same rules, that its the same for everyone and not just a few. So if Canada Post folds overnight (which it wont) I say good riddance. 

This weekend China has landed a rover on the moon. Its called the Jade Rabbit.The 120kg (260lb) Jade Rabbit rover can reportedly climb slopes of up to 30 degrees and travel at 200m (660ft) per hour! That's fast.

I'm reading more of "The Space Wolves" 2nd Omnibus. Hopefully the Black Library will come out with a 3rd Omnibus. In the meantime, I'm missing about 6 other Warhammer 40K Omnibus books to add to my collection.

Anyway, I've got another 3 days of long hours this week and maybe 3 days off before we return back to work on the 2nd. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment