Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Just enough time for a short blog post

before my bath and I'm out there door.

My pay cheque will be short next week but I have enough to take my wife out for a Christmas dinner. Our rent and bus pass is covered for December and my Lodge dues in January as well. Today is an early day in and out kind of a thing. I get home to watch 90% of the Oiler's game.

Not only is Edgewater going up but so is Ultima 2 and Fox Towers, and the Corner 1 & 2. There’s a lot of building going around, the Pearl, The Beth Shalom across the street, J22 (Phase 1-2) Glenora Skyline (Phase 1) Kelly Ramsey Rebuild Seventh Street Block, The Encore, 102 St Centre, AED Tower D  Hyatt Quarters Hotel, Clareview Rec Centre. There are some 36 Building projects most of which are condos and office towers. Not to mention the downtown arena and the Nait LRT line opening up in April. The 71 story Edmontonian highrise is slated to go up adjacent to the new downtown arena as well in a few years. There's between 2-5 Billion dollars worth of projects underway or about to go underway. I haven't seen this level of activity downtown since 1981.   

It looks pretty cold out there at the moment. We could get more snow tonight on my 7:30pm commute home. Then we go in for a cold snap for about 3 days. Anyway, that's about all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment