Thursday, December 12, 2013

Today I'm off to my

second job, which means I'll be home to watch the last period of the Boston/Oiler's game. Even though my 2nd job has a higher rate of pay I'm currently losing money because my first job is giving me more or less full time hours. But for how long? We have another project about mid January that is days and this works out good in February because my 2nd job breaks for that month before starting up again March to the end of May. I don't know what I'll be doing at my first job in March. They might be just working evenings, I have no idea, neither do they at the moment.

The Alberta Government is stalling on LRT funding because they still think Edmonton's priority's are hockey arena's. We don't need money for that anymore. That's all taken care of. City of Edmonton (coe) yesterday made LRT (Valley line) their number 1 priority. This was made loud and clear and the Province is saying "wait until our Spring budget." Yeesh

On the Federal front Canada Post is downsizing big time. They're saying that within the next 5 years, there will be no more home delivery. Over the next 5 years through attrition, they are cutting 8,000 jobs. There still will be a Canada Post and mail but mail will now be moved to community mail boxes. These moves will save Canada Post $billions. 

Lately I've been doing some research on building my pc for music production. I'm looking at the AMD A10 as my cpu on a aMATX Gigabyte motherboard (mb) with 32 Gb Ram and 7.1 audio. I'm buying a new case as they don't cost that much and neither does the optical drive. The case I'm looking at has a built in 650W power supply. When I'm ready, call the vender and make sure they have the parts and have the time ready to see me. "So, I just go in and order the parts over the counter?" All I have to do make sure the funds are ready in my Scotia account the Friday before. Make an appointment and take a Saturday off, pack up my laptop take the train to Southgate and the shuttle bus to the vendor and hopefully get the whole thing done in about an hour. The big job is going to be in cloning my laptop onto the new drive. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment