Sunday, December 8, 2013

Saturday morning

Edmonton was the coldest place on the planet with a wind chill at -41! Waiting at the Money Mart at 9:30am yesterday on 108th street and Jasper, I could feel the wind chill go right through me. I got that 9:35am bus and was at work about 9:50am.

Everyone there felt the cold even in the building and there was no hot water for coffee. I did ok my first day on the job. I had to dodge traffic at 109th there and 124th to get the oncoming bus that was waiting for me. Thanks. I wanted to get home in time so Anne could get the bus pass. I got home shortly before 3pm. I tried having a nap but that didn't work for me. I answered email and relaxed most of t he night until the Flames/Oiler's at the Rex.

This week a very important anniversary is about to happen: December 8th 1980 was the day John Lennon was murdered. That was 33 years ago. More closer to home: December 12th 2012. The day I lost my job. It was on a Wednesday last year coming up this week. I don’t know if what my colleague at the other job is saying is truthful that it was only Edmonton that was closed. That’s consistent with other Edmonton call centre operations that were closed due to staffing shortages.

One of our older lodge brethren the other night at lodge,left his cap and apron, so he's going to meet me at Tim's at Corona station 9:30am in the morning. I'll be there at 9am getting out of here at 8:20am. The wind chill is expected to be -32 or something like that. I'm also going downtown because I'm working at the other job 10-6pm. I should be home by 7pm.

It's supposed to "warm up" a bit over the week  and our extreme winter is supposed to be retreating. We're going to be at -12's that sort of thing. Apparently long range is even looking at some +2's in that area. So on the CTV National news based what I said our temperature is, CTV totally ignores us and mentions Calgary at -38 (including the wind chill) National news doesn't like Edmonton because of our proximity to the Oil sands, we always get a "cold shoulder." I'm sorry but -41 is a lot colder then Calgary's -38! Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment