Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hey winter, where have you been?

now get the heck out of town already.

At first when I got out of the apartment waiting for my bus to Clareview station I thought, with a Oiler afternoon game and I'm out here in this weather, why am I going into work today? I was ready to turn back in but what the heck, I'm all  packed up and ready to go. I got to Tim's and placed my order. I asked for a diet Pepsi, breakfast wrap (I had to explain 3 times to the lady what it was before her supervisor took over) and 2 orders of hash browns and a small coffee black. I got 1 hash brown, my wrap, a large coffee and when I got into the building, James was there letting people in but when I got into the elevator it would only let me up to the 3rd floor. James said it mus have something to do with people moving offices on that floor. I ate my breakfast at the security desk when I noticed something wrong: Something told me I should have stayed in bed. But the breakfast I had was good and I took my insulin with it. 

I had a slow start being last on board but my first sale was a card before break and they began to trickle in through out the rest of the shift. I was mostly by myself a lot of the regulars weren't there but I enjoyed watching the snow cascading outside. I called Anne at my 2pm break and had a brief chat. She gave me a TV dinner but that's ok. I got 1 sale in the 2 hours extension and that was near the last 20 minutes for a $100. No card. I mentioned to J heading out I'd be in Monday at 5pm. 

I got the score on the Oiler game late in the 3rd and it was 2-0 Phoenix. After work I packed my things up and headed towards Audrey's. I noticed a familiar face behind the counter: My book ordering fellow from a few years ago. He was on the phone so went downstairs to look around. There's a few in the first person POV books I found I'd love to get a Glen Cook and a John Scalzi offering I'd like to get my hands on but that's for another week. I had the money to buy (barely) and I wanted something to eat at the Burger Baron (BB) a few doors down. I asked about the "Full Cycle"  reprint of the Clifford D. Simak book. We discovered the company called "Armchair fiction" and he wrote it down for me. I gave him my email to let me know if he could order it. We tried calling the company but they were closed Saturdays. I ordered a large bag of fries from BB and stuck them in my bag for home. I missed my train so I ate a few fries waiting for the next train. A bit salty but hot. 

A #183 was waiting and I caught that and headed for home. I got inside about 5:45pm (still snowing) got the finale results of the Oiler game Phoenix 3 Oiler's 1. RNH scored his 15th. They should make a trade for Rick Nash that's include Magnus Paajarvi, Sam Gagnre and a first round pick. But speculation around the NHL indicates Nash to NY Rangers but other then resign players I don't think the Oiler's are going to do anything this round.

I also watched a bit of WWE Vintage and they had a match with Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock (with hair) in the good old "Alliance" aftermath of 2001. That was fun to watch again. I miss the old WWF during the "Attitude" era after that the WWE slowly lost it's appeal, even more so after The Rock left. 

I checked the Armchair fiction site and they released a lot of vintage "Double novels." They've got 30 of them and I've got some of them on my radar for this Spring. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment