Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family day weekend had come and

gone. 

Family day is perhaps my favorite long weekend of the year because Spring is just around the corner. Anne was sleeping through most of it. I was on the computer from the time I got up at around 12:30pm until now.

Other then having the day off the only highlight of the day was watching Monday night Raw.

I'm having some trouble getting into the flow of this book "Stardoc" not that the narrative isn't good or the premise sucks, it's just making time to settle down to read it. Seems it's going to be one of those commute reads. I might have it read by the end of March the way I'm going.
Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of John Glenn's historic flight into space. I was 9 years old when that happened. I remember watching the event as a kid but it never made an impression on me at the time. It showed the capsule with people nearby it and I can't believe how small it looks. There are more electronics in today's cars then there were in the Glenn's vehicle. The Apollo space program ended up costing $25B while the Space Shuttle Program ended up costing about $450B over the course of its lifespan. The Orion space program seems to be a step backward rather then forward but is slated to begin it's first orbital launch in 2014. I'll be dead and gone by the time humanity first steps foot on Mars.


I have a full week ahead of me as I'm working today 8 hours and the rest of the week. I'll have 37.5 hours on my check and stat pay next week, if I still have a job that is. If all works out well, I should have Cubase 6 by the end of this month.

I was reading on ATS how an alien base was discovered on the dark side of the moon but I don't believe it for a second, Here's the video and a link to the story.



The Oiler's are playing in Calgary tonight. Hopefully a loss because they are 9 points from sharing last place, which could mean another 1st round draft pick depending on where we place in the lottery pool but at least we'll be in the lottery pool at the rate we'll be going. I don't see any Taylor Halls or RNH's but we might be able to acquire somebody as trade bait in a package deal. The top picks won't be released until April, anyway that's about all for today.     

No comments:

Post a Comment