Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I feel a bit better

better about Sparky. I think what gave him this Corona virus (FIP) was Boots, he's a carrier.

Slowly Anne and I are phasing back into our old routines but Sparky will never be forgotten. it's going to be a long time before we get another cat. But if Boots is the carrier as I suspect he is, next to go could be Silky or Sporty and that could happen at anytime. As soon as I hear one of them gasping for breath, it's going to be time to put that one down, right away.

Actually I went into work this morning for the afternoon shift and I got Anne's pension release forms completed. My boss said if I wanted to take the day off, that's ok and I took him up on that. I had a chat with Noreen. She's the woman that Anne and got Sparky & Sporty from in May 0f 2005. So I had a talk with her and she says she's still got 3 of the original 6 in that litter. I told her about Sparky on Monday and about this Corona FIP virus and she said all her cats are healthy and obviously the same age as Sparky was. So this leads me to believe that Boot's is the carrier and infected Sparky because Boots was the stray. FIP is incurable to cats. It's fatal as it was to Sparky.

Anyway, I caught the train home at about 12:30pm. It was brisk and clear outside under sunny skies this morning and coming home. I sat on the right side on my of the train coming home this afternoon and passing the back end of Costco, I could see the Pet Smart loading zone but Anne tells me that the vet hospital doesn;t have a loading zone so Sparky's remains would have been taken out the front way. Every time that I'll go near that building on a bus or a walk home from Wendy's, I'll always think of Sparky.

Anne and I were talking though that if we ever did get another cat we'd adapt one from Pet Smart. Give someone else a home. But so long as Boots is here and has the FIP he's going to infect every cat that comes in here.

Ok, onto other things. I still haven't got the programs Keith was going to install for me from last weekend. I want to star making some music but I can't even install my FL Studio. little alone Komplete 8 when I get a chance to get it. If I do.

Tomorrow I have a full day ahead of me, a full 8 hours and next week a short check but also I have no further Lodge stuff to do this month as well, so that is good news. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment