Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yesterday I got out of here right

on time for my 9am commute to the Clareview LRT and a nice trip down to Corona station up to Tim's. I ordered a sausage egg breakfast wrap for a change a couple orders of hash browns and a coffee for about $5.60 something. James came in and ordered coffee for management and I walked with him to the office and with CB.  

That was the only good thing about the rest of the day. I got 1 sale and after that, nothing. There were about 4 of us under $75 so I wasn't totally alone but the day sure was long and Anne wasn't home to answer my call on my 2:00pm break around 2:20pm. I thought the extra 2 hours from 2:30pm to 4:30pm would be better, but nothing. One of our hot shot sales people that has been known to do $500+ couldn't even break a $75. It was tough going but with it being the Family day weekend in a lot of places here in the country the last thing a broke/unemployed receptive customer wanted to do was to part with their hard earned (what little of it they had). Yet some people were doing well. The other thing I had going against me was my friend beside me. His voice was bleeding into my mic like a bad mix session. He was kind of loud. I like the guy and I didn't want to say anything but I'm going to sit over there up by the middle of the rectangular shaped office, to see the TV and to see the TV when we get it installed. If I last that long. But I know, all of us are expendable I get that but if keeping our jobs were predicated on our line our, HO might as well shut down the Edmonton office. I don't see this happening. Sure they could get rid of individuals but with the solid economy here, I don't see that happening either. Not that I'm comfortable in my job at all, because I'm not. The boss could get an email from HO to let anyone of us go at anytime we could be called into the office. That's why I need to look at a plan b. Plan B is in the works on my next available Monday off, which will be March 5th. 

This Monday is Family day and next Monday I'll be working because at our next Lodge communication will be next Thursday and because we're holding a degree it's going to be a little early at 5:30pm. Even though I get off at 4:30pm, there won't be enough time for me to get home clean up dress for Lodge and climb into the car for Lodge. So I'm taking that day off and working the Monday instead. I'll have 35.5 hours in anyway. 

Right now its a snow day out there and we're getting it good but its supposed to warm up this week. It's not going to stay on the ground but never say never.

I got a email alert from my Connect 2 Edmonton (C2E) message board as I'm subscribed to a couple of threads. One is called "Edmonton construction projects." I've been noticing over the past few weeks some construction going on slightly North of the Clareview LRT and one of the posters asked about what was going on. I noticed a crane as my morning bus turned the corner at the Clareview theaters but I could see the crane for a brief second. Today I was able to (thanks to c2e) put a name to that project: The City of Edmonton is building a multi use $90 million rec centre, which is under construction and should be ready for 2014. It's also going to have a City of Edmonton library branch as well. It's going to be nice to have a hot tub and a sauna within easy walking distance as well as all the other amenities that come with it. The link is here .  

On my commute in the morning, these are the projects under development; Clareview rec centre,  Station Pointe, there's a warehouse facility being built on the yellowhead, RK East by Riverside Towers, Boyal street co-op facility and a block West where I'm exiting Corona station is the new Mayfair 250 block apartment complex almost completed and that's just on my way to work! If that isn't enough, just looking out our window I can count 3 construction cranes, one behind Grant MacEwan one over behind the old Army & Navy building and one way out east. I don't know what that one is. And if THAT's not enough, we have the new Alberta museum in the works in the next year or so, and it was announced yesterday a new 3,500 seat opera house in the Arts district. Plus the LRT expanding to NAIT line under full construction and that's just in my sphere of influence that I know of! So, there's a lot going on and I love it. 

I'm trying to catch up on my reading this weekend. I hope. Anyway, that's about all for now.      

No comments:

Post a Comment