Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've got half a day

here and then it's home grab a bite to eat and then make a phone call to set up a ride and then shit, shower, shave dress and head out to Lodge. Don't forge my keys/apron. 

I have a big night tonight, help to Open the Lodge, EA exam which I have to ask the candidate all the pertinent questions, then there's a part in the FC work I have to do and then another part, and then Closing the Lodge, and then the festive board after that. It's going to be a big night and I'll be relieved when it's over.

Anne's experiencing a slow time at work as she's getting a minimum of 6 hours/week. I thought they had to give at least 16 hours but I guess not. Until she gets her 4 days back I can't justify buying Cubase 6, at least not just yet. This Spring for sure. If I still have a job myself in early April, I'm going on leave for 10 days and hopefully if Anne's up to full strength at her job at the end of this month, then I'll get that and Halion 4, that'd be cool to have those at the same time just before I go on my time off.

At least the weather is good, they call this effect "orbital oscillation." It's the upper portion of the globe wobbling keeping the jet stream around the middle of Alberta but it's causing havoc in Europe. They're having their worst winter in years. After the winter we had last year, we'll take this no problem.

I slept ok over night but I could use another 4 hours of sleep. What to do, head in for 4 hours or sleep for 4? We need the hours. At the festive board, I'm going to have a beer and with that in my system, I should sleep ok.

If nothing happens with my job and I put full hours in this month, rent for March will be taken care of. Utilities, food and our ISP are our 3 main concerns. Other then this week for the month, I'm putting in full hours. That's 44 hours/week. Too say I'll be exhausted on Saturday afternoon's this month, is an understatement. 

It's kind of interesting what's going on in Iran right now. The Russians are blocking activity at the UN and are allies with Iran because they have their only navel base in Iran and Russia is Iran's main customer for military hardware. With the presence of the Russians Iran could shut down the straight of Hormuz. That'd be interesting. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment