Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I called into the office just after 9pm and

explained to the boss I wouldn't be in today because of what happened to Sparky. Anne needs me at home as she couldn't bare to be alone without me. It's going to be a long night. Hard to believe Sparky is just about 1,300 feet away from our location and will be there until after the weekend when a outside contractor will take his body and cremate it for us. We get his ashes and into an urn he goes. I still miss Pledges 2 years ago.

I decided against reading James p. Hogan only because I'm in the mood for some 1st person point of view stories. When I have enough energy and I'm more or less have moved on from the initial shock of losing Sparky, I'm going to begin S.L. Viehl's "Stardoc" series and I'll flip between that and Timothy Zahn's Frank Compton series and of course the "Song of fire and ice series."

But for now I just don't have the energy to deal with any novels. It's going to be a rough week ahead. I'd be satisfied if I can make it through the work week. This is a real shocker for both Anne and myself. Sparky's ordeal is over with but ours is just beginning. We're the ones hurting not him. I just can't get that finale of image of him in the cage as we had it opened and he perked right up when he saw me. That's going to stay with me for the rest of my life. At that time he had maybe less then half an hour of life left. 

Anne and I have learned a lesson though from this: we are not going to get any more cats from a litter. I wish we could get another cat though but not while Boots is here. If boots goes within the next couple of years or less then I'd suggest we get another couple of cats from PetSmart but we're a long way from doing that. Anyway it's going to be a long night and an even longer day. I love you Sparky. Anyway that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment