Sunday, July 10, 2011

Its been a busy couple of

around here


Yesterday I went into work for the last of my 36 hour work I had a rough morning but the afternoon picked. Sales wise I did ok.

I was too wiped out to go over to Happy Harbour comics instead after a wait I boarded the #2 bus out to Wendy's over here on 50th street. I was some where around around the Library downtown when I realized uh-oh Anne has the bus pass and the driver never said anything about my last months pass showing. Just as I asked the driver about a stop just before Wendy's, I mentioned to the driver, I had no small change only bills. The driver wasn't concerned.
I had a nice "Baconator combo" in Wendy's. It was really good and I just sat there enjoying my meal. I pulled out my Itouch to see if they had wifi and they did. What with Linux kind of taking over my external wifi devices I haven't been able to use my Itouch at home for other then recharging and using it as my source of music. I was delighted to discover this as the manager was cleaning up around me. He said "It keeps customers returning." Yeah no kidding.

The weather all weekend has been unsettled. I kind of like this. Its rainy for 5 minutes then sunny for 10, that kind of thing.

I walked home from Wendy's and got into the apartment about 3-45pm. Anne had called not starting until 4pm. I was thinking maybe we could get out of here today and go over to Royal Pizza. The guys from my job were doing that Friday night after work.

Anyway, I had a brief nap, or tried to. Hard to sleep in the afternoon. After that I went and watched Hamilton/Eskimos. They had episodes of teaming rain and a lightning strike in the sky that had the game delayed for about 12 minutes. Crazy weather. I love it. What a game! The Esks won 28-10 in a decisive victory and I had a double or nothing bet. $4 comes my way. Thanks Warren. I don't think he'll be wanting to bet me for awhile. I'll have better luck with Pro-line which I forgot to get my CFL picks for this weekend.
After the game and Anne called I went and attempted to install Sampletank 2.5 The install was about 40 minutes because of all the sound libraries and 2 DVD's latter. The hardest part wasn't the install but the registration/authorization process. After a bit of a struggle, I did get it up and running. I'm a little disappointed because in Cubase I get static. It works in FL Studio just fine. The other VST demos I downloaded from Native Instruments in FL Studio work fine. I haven't figured out how to get Battery 3, Absynth 5 and FM8 to work but at least Sampletank works fine in FL. I like the Vox Continental sound in FL, nice and loud. I'm a bit disappointed with the guitar sounds but I haven't had much of a chance to tweak them yet. I'll be plying around with them latter. I think (from a glance) Absynth 4 is better then 5. Anyway if I have trouble with Cubase then it looks like I'm going to stick with FL. I'll get FL Studio 10 Signature bundle around the end of the month. I also discovered Eco. It's a drum VST from BDF which is pretty cool. I can modify kits which is pretty cool. The open HH works better as well then some other VST Drum packages I've been using.

I don't know Anne originally wanted to goo out to Royal Pizza for Monday because we both have the day off and it looks a little yucky out there. We had our Sunday brunch last night so we could get out this afternoon.

Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment