Monday, July 11, 2011

My next L&M purchase is a music notaion

program called Sibelius 6 First. It’s the lighter stripped down version of its the heftier big brother Sibelius 6. The difference is in price at $140 as opposed to over $600. The cool thing about Sibelius 6 first is that it uses “ReWire”, which is a protocol that lets VST and other software “talk with each other.” This means I can compose in Sib 6 and then sync the composition into my Host/Daw like FL Studio and it will playback and record right from Sib 6. I save it “As” and it’s captured. This is way cool and I’m going to pick this up next weeken (the 23rd) This is going to be cool and when I get FL Studio 10, and battery 3, possibly Sugar Bytes guitarist. SB is a cool program and I also want to get that doublerX program as well. So, Fl Studio 10, Battery 3, Doubler X and that’s all I need. I’m going to have my own music up on the net cutting my first track this fall, if all goes well.

Anyway, Anne and I headed out of here about 3:30pm yesterday as our destination was to Royal Pizza on the South Side. Not having anything to eat and all I wasn’t in the best of moods. I picked up though on our way on the train. I was anticipating a long ride. I don’t know what time we got to the University but at least it wasn’t raining. A brief wait and we were at Chapters because the rest of a street festival of some kind. It wasn’t raining as we got to Royal Pizza I’d say within 40 minutes of leaving the house. Anne spilled some pop in our booth all over herself and it was mostly my fault. I felt bad but it was minor and my mood picked up. The bill for pop and the pizza was $31. No big deal. Anne wanted to go get some ice cream at a place nearby she likes. I went over to Chapters because I thought they might have closed by 6pm as it was just after 5pm.
Inside Chapters I looked around for book 2 of the Star Wars “Fate of the Jedi series.” They had book 3 Allies. I picked that one up and Anne comes up the stairs with a cone of ice cream. I was going to pickup book 4 of Georg RR Martin’s Song of fire and ice but I couldn’t remember if I had already had it yet. Book 2 of the Star Wars book was still in hardcover. I’m going to get Sib 6 first before I get the book. There David Weber’s Safe hold series book 4 “A mighty fortress.” I‘m interested in this series. Anyway, time for bed. .
Not that I needed the pill or anything to help me sleep overnight but it didn’t hurt.

Earlier this afternoon I did a inventory of my SFF novles and I have 271 books so far in my "new library," as opposed to the others I had abandoned in the late 1970's. I hope to break the 300 mark by the end of the year. When I reach 1,000 books I'm going to get all my new books on a ebook reader.
.
This morning I was able to get some more info on Rewire. The thing with sample tank is, it works fine in stand alone mode. FL Studio 9 launches it in a “wrapper” which makes it hard to set up midi. Sample tank is a program or a plug-in not a VST instrument. But it supports Rewire and if my un registered copy of Cubase can talk to Sampletank via Rewire it might help me figure out why I’m getting static with my sounds in Sampletank. FL Studio lets me only have one channel at a time. I’m still “evaluating” FL Studio and Cubase, Anyway that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment