Friday, July 1, 2011

I've got $30 bucks that's ready to be deposited into my

Scotia account on Tuesday. That will mean I will have $200 ready for FL Studio X. I decided against Cubase 6 because its double the price of FL Studio, while FLS has the same tools and I've been using a unregistered copy of FLS 9 since last October. So I figure I've had more then enough time to evaluate the software. I've also got 3 locations here in Edmonton to actually get the software itself. I'll call Axe music first as I've done most of my business with them. If they don't have it there, then I'll try and get it at their 109th location a few blocks within walking distance from my office. If that fails then I'll get it at Long & Mcquade's 107th street location. Tuesday I'm depositing $30 to bring my balance to $200 and then next Friday, I'll put in $75 and the following week, July 16th, I should have FL Studio X. If all goes well of course.

One thing about diabetics is we have a tendency to be itchy all the time. I've got a problem itch at the base of my spine and when I scratch it bleeds. I mean not profusely/out of control bleeding but enough to make it feel uncomfortable. When Anne was at the health food store just up here by Walmart she noticed a product for diabetics that is supposed to stop that itchy feeling. She can't recall the brand name or anything.

The Royal couple William & Kate are here in Canada in Ottawa. Later on in their 9 day visit they want to check out the Calgary Stampede. That's a great showcase for Alberta. I've never been to the Stampede (Calgary's version of our Klondyke days) or K days as we used to call it. Over the last few years K days has had a name change to Capital X. It doesn't seem to have the same pizzazz for me. Gone is the famous K days promenade. Anne and I want to go this year. We went about 3 years ago. They always have something new.

Over the past couple of years I've always toyed with the idea of a motive for weaponizing space. I don't mean as in fighting an adversarial nation or group/aliens. Certainly not a Buck Roger style lasers or Star Trek phasers kind of thing. The real enemy man may have is with the billions of pieces of space junk that's out there. A laser/pulsar might one day be used to aim at space debris that's threatening the Space station. A chain gun type of radar assisted system might be in use surrounding the space station and might be used to propel colliding space station debris into low earth orbit where it can burn itself up in earths atmosphere. I don't know if such a system would even become viable. So far there hasn't been any major threat to astronauts in space but one never knows.

Oh last nights Lions/Montreal game ended up 26-30 for the home team in week 1/18. We play the Riders in Regina Sunday and I've got $2 riding on the game. Eskimos need a win big time.

Now this is more like it On Coast tonight its Space, Drones & energy. Usually on a Thursday night Cost will always have something cool before "Open lines."

On ET they were talking about the next Mission Impossible 4 Movie with Tom Cruise currently in production. I guess they're in Dubai. Most likely this will be out by Christmas of this year, maybe even earlier.

Some of the guys at work were talking about JFK and the motive for his demise. Of course the most popular conspiracies was he was killed because he was going to spill the beans about aliens. Personally I think he was killed because it had something to do with Mafia boss Sam Giancana who rigged the election in 2 key states with 10,000 votes from beyond the grave. 51 electoral votes that should have gone to Nixon went to Kennedy. Giancana was shot to death in the basement of his home in 1975 while under the witness protection program. Then there is the Judith Campbell Exner scandal as well. Kennedy made a lot of enemies. The JFK assassination is one of my favorite topics.

Another thing I'm endeavoring to do is to connect with some ASL players. I'm not ready to play this weekend but this summer I hope to. I know the basics of the game mechanics despite a 10 year absence away from the game. I'd love to get back into playing it again. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment