Saturday, July 16, 2011

I was sure glad when 9pm rolled aound last night

I got out of the office real fast and over to catch the #5. I had a decent check that I cashed including the 36 hours for a full week. So I've got $140 for me the rest for Anne.

Today, I'm in for 4 hours and another 36 on for the week. The rents paid up everything is fine. At work I'm going to try and call L&M and ask them if they have Sib first notation 6. If they do, then great. I'll go to my Scotia bank Tuesday on my way to the office and drop $110 into my account and service charges of course and Next Saturday after work head over to L&M and pick it up. After work though today, I'm running over to Audrey's and I want to pick up a book and head home, have a bite to eat and have a nap before the BC/Edmonton game.

Tonight, I'm relaxing laying down another track for my demo song "Tammy Tweets." I got the organ verse for this thing and a verse baseling. I'm a long way away from laying down a vocal track.

Over the years in the back of my mind I've been thinking what kind of a personal pressence or mark that I can leave behind of my record here? A kind of legacy. Then it hit me. Google earth. Right now my Google earth (thanks to my Linux install has kind of suspended GE for me, which is another thing I want to do for next weekend. I did want to do this today but I haven't set anything up yet for V at work. So the initial idea is to to leave a photo of me take of around here within the next week or so with a sign, something like: "Hi. I'm Jim Shannon. "I have a Blogger blog at: My music is here on YouTube." Type thing. It's my mark in cyberspace. Chances are that Google will be around for a long time, perhaps at least 25-100 years long after my passing.

Finaly, I finnished Vector Prime last night. Great book. Anyway, I got to get ready for work. Sorry for the sloppy editing here. I'll get this done after the game tonight. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment