Saturday, July 2, 2011

I can read about 15

pages in a novel. Or a month to read a 400 page book. Of course I can cut that down by reading on my commute and or at lunch. I can usually read 5 pages/day on the train. Or 30 pages/week. If I can read an hour each day, that's 15 pages (more or less) + 5 on the train and maybe another 5 during breaks, which means 30 pages/week. Plus more on the weekends. Roughly if I make the effort about 100 pages/week. If the writing and pacing is good, then usually about 3 weeks. Lately though this Spring I've been a lot busier then normally cont'.....Of when you factor weekends etc, I can read a lot more, about 150 pages/week. So a 350 page novel should take me just under 3 weeks to read. In theory.

I'm considering a trip to Axe Music or L&M today after Anne leaves for work. Native Instruments has had "Battery 3" out for awhile now and it's an awesome program with a 12Gb library of sounds and has incredible loop and sampler functions. I'm thinking about getting this but it's going to leave me short for the week by about $10 but 1 of the guys at work owes me $30 for a program he tried to install for me but couldn't make it work so he said he'd give it back to me. I'd like to go down tomorrow and pick this up but most likely it wont be until next payday, most likely Saturday after work. So Tuesday I'll deposit another $60 in my account and if it's at the Axe, I'll go down and pick it up. It's on my way home and if not there it could be at the L&M 109th street location. I'll get FL Studio 10 at the end of July The thing is next week I won't have the hours on my check because I took Saturday off. I'll have only 23.5 hours but I'll have my stat pay. My stat plus my hours will be about $30 shy of a PS3 or an Xbox 360. If I want one but 2/3rds of it goes to Anne for rent etc.

Earlier this evening right after Anne called I watched the Toronto/Calgary CFL game. Calgary was ahead by 5 points early in the 1st quarter and after that it was all Toronto until Calgary woke up late in the 4th quarter and it was something like 20/21 Stamps. Then in the dying seconds Toronto scored a 3 point field goal. Good. Other then the Esks, if any Eastern team can win against any Western team is a good thing.

The other day I was musing over short fiction. To be fair I did find some of it ok. But I need to be reading more of it. I like reading stories around 2,000 words. One site I like for daily science fiction is called "DSF" Or Daily Science Fiction. I wish they had a feature where I could subscribe via Itunes and take the story on the road with me. Beginning this month, I'm going to endeavor to read 1 short story/week. Not just from this source but others like it.

I know its Saturday but it feels like Sunday today. I've got 3 days of a 4 day weekend left over. There's no new Doctor Who TV on this weekend Anyway's that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment