Saturday, November 26, 2016

Its often hard for me to get any sleep

overnight when I need to go into work on a Saturday morning. I might have got an hour and a half sleep. Usually when listening to some ambient music on YouTube can put me to sleep. Not earlier at 4:30am. Its hard getting up to go  into work on a Saturday morning but once I have my first coffee, I feel pretty good going in. 

Over the last couple of years I've been wanting to get Korg's digital audio workstation or daw, for the i0S called "Gadget." At $54 its an expensive app. Last summer Korg had a major update for this app and made it available across all i0S platforms, including our iPad2 and my iPod Touch 5Gen. Plus its 32 bit. However, I never had the cash even when it was reduced in price at that time. Since I was able to save a bit of cash from my blackjack winnings earlier this week, and it was black Friday, would Gadget be at 50% off again? It was. I hurried over to Shoppers Drug mart across the street got x2 $15 iTunes cards and hurried back home across the street. I opened up iTunes on our iPad and let the camera do its thing to take the picture of the code and I bought the app. It works great, very happy. 

That set me off feeling good about black Friday and I headed into work and I figured, eh, why not buy 2 more $2 blackjack tickets. At my station settling into the free hot chocolate, I played and got nothing. My shift wasn't great either. But at least I got a ride to Southgate, and I feel good about that, and the Oilers were winning in Arizona. Happy days. The supervisor at work doesn't like me at all. She's a young 25 something, loaded with tattoos. But my ride encouraged me that the offer to drive me to Southgate goes beyond just me. I know Super goes to Southgate. I asked her on the way out at the end of the shift if she wanted a ride to Southgate. She said "I'm good," mainly getting in a car with me even with another person in the back with us (I take the front seat anyway because I'm the old guy) is not agreeable to her. I'm on the Southgate lrt platform and I can see the #6 bus roll in and Super in her familiar red coat. I know she needed this Clareview train and it was coming my way. She'd have to take the escalator and run through the over pass run down the stairs beside the escalator to catch it. I knew she was going to miss my train. I had to smile at that. When I got home, to catch the last 5 minutes of the Oilers game it was tied at 2 and went into over time. McDavid scored but fractions of a second went down. The goal was under review. Even colour commentating said the goal wouldn't hold up. The ruling was no goal. Into the shoot out. We got 1 goal but lost in the shootout, 3-2. Wait to Sunday when they come to our barn. By then the 104th grey cup game (hopefully) will be over. Lets go Ottawa. 

Except losing at blackjack, my negative performance and the Oilers losing. I felt good about yesterday. Today, I'm going in for my south side job and out of there at 2:15pm. I might go get my Space Marine Battles book at Audrey's on the way home, go to BP's and have a drink at the bar and head home. Maybe pass out on the train. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment