Wednesday, November 2, 2016

At my market research job

(wont name the company/or project for security reasons) we're down to the demographic wire: Males born after 1962. Good luck with that when playoff baseball is on. Even at my South side job last night, I had trouble while calling into Grand Prairie. I'm not a baseball fan but I like watching the highlights. I'll be glad when that's over.

Yesterday my Doctors office called but I was on my way out the door to work. I returned the call this morning before noon and they said I have a eye Doctors appointment November 9th 8:30 appointment. The eye Doctor wants to scan for diabetic eye damage. I went there 2 years ago and there was none present in the scan at that time, ten years after being diagnosed with Diabetes. I'm getting floaters but nothing serious. I have maybe 10% vision in my right eye anyway. I can read a book while holding a book out stretched full arms length. Ask me to read a eye chart might be tough and if I can qualify for seniors benefits I want to get glasses anyway. But a Doctors appointment at 8:30am? Yeah right. I'm in bed by that time thank you. November 16th is a day off because my South side job has a open house event that night. I can go to that but I'm not required to and its a day off so that's probably a better date on the calendar but not at 8:30 in the god damn morning. My market research job, might have a project at that time underway but I clocked my availability for the weekends at that job. I just called the eye Doctor's reception desk, and they can slot me in for 2:30pm on the 16th. Eight thirty in the morning, yeesh.

I thought all I had left was a $10 bill after the weekend this time yesterday. I bought a Blackjack ticket yesterday and both dealers hand was 20. Good luck was all I got. So last night out of my backpacks front pocket where I pull out my Sun glasses, where I keep my book a couple of candies (when I have low blood sugar) I found another $10 bill. It's middle of the week, in between pay cheques and I have just under $20 remaining. Plus its lodge night tomorrow, sweet. This means I can have a Sleeman's after I do my public speaking bit in lodge at the festive board. This year I'm the Chaplin and I "had to" memorize the opening and closing prayer. Both parts are about 15 lines long. I just had 2 weeks to memorize the parts. I go Live tomorrow. 

In an hour I'll be on my commute to Southgate for that #52 bus. I'll have my usual 4 hours of work tonight. We're supposed to be in for a bit of a double digit warming trend, leading right up to about November 20th here in the Edmonton area. That's balmy for Edmonton. Its pretty much hoodie and sneaker weather, possibly even between now and the end of the month. Anyway, that's all for awhile. Possibly on Sunday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment