Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Well we're back to winter at long last

which could be good or bad, depends on your point of view as a resident here. At the moment its -7 and if I was on pension, I'd call in sick. I'm not yet, so I can't. Next week we're supposed to go into the -15's. It's been a rough month for us what with losing Boots.

The Oilers went from 2nd place in the West just a few days ago down to 5th in the standings. This team's main problem is they have only one line that can score goals: Connor McDavid's line. The rest of the guys aren't scoring. I knew this would happen to us eventually. Its my feeling that the Oilers will be hovering around 9th in the West in March, in and out per game. The last game of the 2016-17 season will be a back to back weekend pair of games with the Canucks. Just a gut feeling but the Oilers will squeak into a playoff position but just by 1 game and 1 goal down to a shoot out. 

I'm more or less happy with the PM's decision yesterday that saw approval for a couple of pipelines. It was the right decision to pull out of the Northern Gateway. He gave the green light for the Burnaby Trans Mountain pipeline, and the Edmonton/Wisconsin pipeline. There are a lot of hoops to go through first and I'm not holding my breath the 2 pipelines will get underway, anytime soon. Its good news for Alberta though. 

Ok, my schedule for the rest of this week, is looking good. my last day today at the South side job for this week. I got my 3 days in. Then I got lodge tomorrow as its our installation. Then I'm working at the West end job Friday and Saturday, and that is confirmed. Hopefully I can get a full day out of Saturday. I've got possibly 3 weeks to go for December. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment