Thursday, June 1, 2017

Most of my lose ends are

wrapped up. I got my Federal pension plan set up. My ei is more or less set up. All that I need do now is to get this speaking part done up for lodge tonight and that's a wrap. 

On this day in my personal history, 37 years ago a mentor of mine and I were on a Greyhound bus to Vancouver. Richard had researched a place where we could buy some rattan wood. Rattan in the late 1970's early 80's was a coveted item for making "practice fighting swords" within the Society for Creative Anachronism, or the SCA. We couldn't find any rattan in Alberta. The bus trip was 18 hours there. We had made a contact to sleep over at the residence of of the SCA in North Vancouver for Friday and Saturday night. We were also looking for Crowley books as well that Friday afternoon when we arrived before we hooked up with our contact. The idea was we could hold up at the host's place if we attended an SCA workshop. It was an all day Saturday/Sunday event. We only stayed for a bit of Saturday and took our hostess out to dinner. Richard was infatuated with her the young attractive lass but I was in his way. It was a nice weekend and we got a nice haul. 

I'd like to do more You Tube iPad performances with the apps I have. I have this annoying overhead bedroom light that shines on the screen. Awhile back I came across something called a light box Jacob Haq from Haq Attack uses. His light box is a bit elaborate for me. He has some fabric in the cardboard box under the iPad, a portion of the box cut open on the right hand side and some diffusing paper taped on the outside and a light from a lamp shining through the paper in the light box. On top of the light box, positioned just so is his iPhone that takes the video of the action going  on the iPad screen. Its a slick process but finding this diffusing paper might be a challenge. One of the channels I subscribe to "Pants of death," had a video box in his last video. Same as a light box but no side cut away. His iPad is right in the box and he gets great results. Slick and easy. All I need is a cardboard box from say Superstore across the street about 16 x 16 x 12 inches tall. That's all I need. Most likely while I'm at lodge and Anne is on her way home from work (she usually drops by Superstore for pop etc) I'm going to ask her to get me a couple boxes of this dimension. 

Its June. I got 3 months to go until I turn 65 and 4 months to go until I get on pension. As soon as I get conformation I'm 65 and on gis, I'm applying for the seniors low income bus pass. At the moment I'm in a covfefe state of mind, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment