Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Time moves the days at a steady pace

and I'm getting things done. Sunday was relaxing. Monday was contacting the boss, hockey and wrestling. Yesterday, setting up ei and my income for the summer. Everything is set up until the end of October but I'll be on full pension before that happens and my other job on the Southside (hopefully)

Last night a bunch from our lodge went out to Freemason Hall but I forgot my IPM apron. One of the guys took this photo of me. It was a special night and I got a ride home.

                                    View image on Twitter

I've got a bit of a rash on my forehead and this photograph really brings out the scoliosis in me. Its not a very favorable photo but its not bad either. 

I like the words coming out of the mouth of our foreign ministry: “On the military front, Canada’s geography has meant that we have always been able to count on American self-interest to provide a protective umbrella beneath which we have found indirect shelter,” she said. But she added that to depend totally on the U.S. Protective umbrella would make Canada a “client state.” I'm all in favour of increasing our military spending. Investing $31 billion. At the moment Canada spends $15.5 Billion. If we could double that, would be great. Just 1 aircraft carrier would cost about $13 Billion and take about 11 years to build.more or less. One of our tanks is about $7M. It'd be great to have say 4 aircraft carriers 2 on the East Coast and 2 on the West Coast. It wont ever happen in my life time if at all but I'm just window shopping :) 

Wait now I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge Sunday: Its Calgary/Edmonton for a training camp CFL game. Sad part about this season is we lost Derel Walker to the NHL Tampa Bay. We still have Bowman and McCoil in the line up for the receiving core. I'm looking forward to getting away from hockey and into the CFL. Also, it was announced this week that Edmonton will host the 2018 Grey Cup. Some cool stuff coming up. That and we haven't even seen Wonder woman yet.

Today I'm calling the boss again to see if there is anything going on for this week. At this stage in the month we might have a few days in but beyond that it's our slow time. Probably this week I need to go down to Provincial and set that all up. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment