Sunday, June 18, 2017

I'm having a great weekend just

the wife and me. I was in bed listening to a bit of Coast this morning, the topic "Kurt Cobain's death." I wasn't a fan of the band Nirvana and while their appeal ran deep within the grunge music scene, really didn't do anything for me. Twenty three years ago, I was 41 just surviving day to day. If You Tube was around at that time, I might have took a listen to and left the music under the Meh file, (by the same token, my music isn't even meh worthy) so this Coast topic wasn't of much interest for me. Not my generation. Now if this was about Brian Jones or Prince or even John Lennon, then yes of course. Tonight's show will be on UFO disclosure.

Well the Oilers didn't do anything or say anything over the weekend, other then sign Khaira. On Wednesday, they'll release the names of players they are obligated to put up for the expansion draft. Some un-official lists have cropped up but I wouldn't trust the source. It would come of no surprise to me if Jordan Eberle's name was on our list. He's an asset for the team but his contract makes him a liability as well. I'd be surprised if Kassian and Caggiula's name is on that list. Now if it was left up to me to make the expansion team's decision on which players my team needs, I'd want to pick names that are salary cap friendly, and players that have some Stanley cup experience. Preferably recent Stanley cup experience like guys that were in the 3 round and the finale. Hopefully the Oilers will come out of this relatively unscathed. Each team is allowed to protect a number of players. I'd imagine the teams the hardest hit are going to be Pittsburgh, Nashville, Anaheim, and Ottawa. We'll know more on Wednesday. I imagine Khaira will be protected because they just signed the guy.

Around town there are 2 more towers in the early building stages. The MacLaren (124th/102nd Ave) a 25 story residential tower has more or less wrapped up its excavation phase, and a construction crane is apparently supposed to go up today, or already up now. Other then the Groat rd bridge fiasco, nothing of the MacLaren's scale has been developed in the area since the High Street condo project. The other condo tower just getting under way is the Encore project:

                              

The image above from JSkye's post Connect to Edmonton

The above image is just a few days old. This  residential tower apparently is supposed to be about 43 floors. Substantially taller then the two white Fox towers in the background behind the brown Boardwalk buildings in this image behind those 3 trees. The Valley line lrt 2nd phase will be going right between the Encore and the Boardwalk. That's going to be very interesting to see that.

On tap for today? I'm going to try and make a short video for my music channel using Korg Gadget either today or this week. Then its brunch watching WWE's "money in the bank" pay per view latter this afternoon. I'm calling Brian Corbin or Shinsuke Nakamura to win it. Money in the bank is one of our favorite WWE ppv's. That will take me to about 9pm. As for this week, Super never called me yesterday for a Monday shift. A Monday shift on this project was just to wrap the project up anyway. There was no projects posted when I logged in Friday night, and I don't see my higher ups with a new project this late in June. Its even unusual to have work at all this late in June. Then, I'm anticipating no work this week. Other then running down to Provincial to get them that oas automatic enrollment form and Anne's I.D, photo copied and picking up my pay Friday, I've got a easy week ahead of me. I'll be doing a bit of a daily job search to satisfy my ei obligations but yeah other then that nothing just 2 quick outings. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment