Monday, March 5, 2018

Despite having some issues with

my wife's blow ups, I had a decent weekend. On a snowy Saturday afternoon, Anne called into Red Robin for an order for us to get some burgers that come with fries from across the street. Very nice. I got a call from my supervisor for hours for next week. The Oilers let in the first goal (as usual) but they played pretty good. And then having today off was a blessing.

So it looks like Trump fired the first volley on what looks like a global trade war. Other nations besides Canada will retaliate. I mean do we really need the Keystone pipeline? How about we send our natural gas to say North Korea? Or better yet lets send our Potash (farming) to other countries. Not only this but Canada has other trading partners. I'm not sure the status of the Trans Pacific Partnership is, but we should work on that more. Europe is concerned about steel exports to the US as well. There is safety in numbers and besides Trump wont have his administration forever. Oh, the last time the US imposed steel & aluminum tariff's like this onto Canada (2002) it cost the US economy about 200,000 jobs. This will increase even more now that these tariffs are world wide. And if this trade war escalate, watch out for more meddling in the next US election as America's allies begin to diminish. 

This week I have a full week 4-9. I've got to go to the lab for my Doctors visit next week. So basically that's about it for me. I'm working on a Garage band/You Tube track for release mid this month, so look out for that. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment