Saturday, March 17, 2018

Its almost as if

we can predict every time, this time of year that its going to snow. Usually does on St. Patrick's in Edmonton, and  on my wife's birthday proper. If we get less then a centimeter out of this, I'd be surprised.                                 
Looks like NDP leader Mr. Singh is in damage control mode over the Atwal situation during Trudeau's recent trip to India. The fact that Atwal wasn't on Canada's no fly list is also alarming. The better question is this: how in heaven's name was that man allowed to set foot on a passenger aircraft, in an age of no-fly lists so strict that babies with names similar to violent extremists are denied boarding? This story won't go away. 


After a bit of research, I'm warming up to the Gondola/cable car system. My only concerns here are security for passengers, frequency of stops. Otherwise the savings to build such a system, would be huge. One of our city councilors last week suggested the proposed Centre LRT could benefit from a Gondola system at a fraction of a cost. $50 million/Kilometer as opposed to $138 million/Kilometer for LRT. So, City council has decided that with a underpass at 87th Ave/156th street, a huge park n ride at Lewis Farms, would cost an extra $440 million for the West LRT, making the entire project to come in at ~ $2.2 Billion.

I can't believe that I've had 9 days off. My Spring break a bit early. Spring officially arrives here on Tuesday. During those 9 days Anne and I went on a dinner celebration for her birthday at the Olive Garden. Plus I had a lab and a Doctors appointment but I got to watch a couple of Oilers games. With 11 games left in the regular season, McDavid could be in the running for the Art Ross trophy for a back-to-back win. That'd be awesome. So, I have another Oilers/TB game tomorrow at 3pm, and it looks like I could be back at work Tuesday/Wednesday. That's why I like this job, it has a nice balance. Its fairly easy to do. Anyway, I have a night off by myself. I'm "working"  on a track in Cubasis 2 and I hope to put the finishing touches on it tonight. Anyway, that's all for now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment