Friday, March 23, 2018

What with all the talk over

Facebook (fb) lately, I'm still not deleting my account. People need to realize that anything online can be hacked. I don't blame fb in any of this. Its just the way things are. Fb users can protect their privacy, within the app. A google search will show how to do this. I'm not worried if any of my data is being compromised because there are no ads on this blog. My blog is not monetized, never will be. 
                     View image on Twitter
In one of my Connect to Edmonton forum posts a hot topic is autonomous vehicles. In wake of last weekends pedestrian accident with a Uber autonomous car, prompted a lot of traffic on that thread. I was thinking that if investigators did a reenactment as I'm sure they already have, they might find what the cause was. If the Uber car had all the tools at their disposal, including gps, wifi, street view, all that information would be available to the cars software. This information, crosswalks, stop signs, ROW's everything would or should have been programmed into the vehicle. Is the accident victim at fault here? The victim was walking outside a marked crosswalk. For all we know the victim has done this a dozen times until then. Lots of factors at work here.

So now in Ottawa's attempt to gender neutral everything, the Feds are no longer addressing personal correspondence as Mr., Mrs., Ms. anymore. Its just a name. What's next we're all going to have to change first names to numbers or objects? How about Flowers Shannon, or Stone Shannon? Is that what's coming next? These social warriors are a piece of work. They got nothing better to do. Maybe we'll all be symbols like Prince was. Or maybe we'll all be just QR codes. I'll be long gone before that happens, thank God. That's going to be in there too because God (at least in the Holy Bible) is a male figure. Wait for that one.

The project at work ended at 8:30pm. It went by so fast because there were no age quotas. I got 14.5 hours on that project. Our next project could be Wednesday/Thursday of next week, so I got about 6 days off, maybe 2 days of work and then a 4 day long weekend😥  But its not going to throw our household out of whack too much. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment