Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I had a great day today

when I left the building. I could barely see across the street waiting for my bus to Clairview station. When the bus got to Rexall place about 820am the fog had lifted although it was tough sledding with all the ice on the sidewalks.

I got no sales this morning but at noon I did a callback and got $35 and latter about 3pm I sold some tickets on a $50 card, so I was happy about that. I was trying to get the $200 as Steve (Big Boss) was around but it didn't fall through. I was lucky I got the $50. The weather on my commute home was nice and mild.
Anne made me a bite to eat and we went over to the "dollarama" store across the street and i bought some Sunglasses. Handy to have on the LRT in the mornings when the morning Sun is blaring in my eyes. We walked over to the Clairview movies here on 50th st. The movie cost us about $2 but it was $5 pop $4 popcorn etc. Total was over $20 for the two of us. It took awhile for my eyes to get adjusted to the theater. The floaters in my eyes before the actual movie kind of soured the experience but as the movie was unfolding I got used to the floaters and it detracted very little from the movie. I was getting right into the plot and without warning the screen went funny. Anne and I looked at each other, "Here we go again." Sure enough the movie screen went blank but an usher said they were working on please bare with them. There must have been 15 of us in the theater. Four in front of us had left and shortly after that the film came back. during the climax part of the film my bladder was ready to burst but I didn't want to miss anything.


Review:


Synopsis: The long awaited sequel to the 1982 version of the original movie. The Son of the world of Tron is drawn into the world where he meets his father in a kind of a self imposed exile.


Cons: Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) seemed more like a washed up hippy without the long hair. His character seemed to be a hippy from the eighties into the 21st century. The plot was deep yet the scenes were predictable especially in the turret gun scene


Pros: The bad guys were very good if at times a little over the top but they could have been meaner. The world building was excellent. The way the movie was overall portrayed was excellent.

Bottom line. This is a must see movie for any Sci-fi fan, despite the film shutting down on us and the half hour wait we had I'm glad I was patient enough to wait through it. On a scale from 4-5, I'd rate this a 4.5. Also, despite me needing a bathroom in the worst way, the staff as we were coming out handed us each a free movie pass good for the rest of the year! If "Sucker punch" comes to this theater, I'm there.


It was to late to go to Tim's so we worked our way home along the patchy ice surface. Anne ventured across the street to Superstore and I was glad to get home. I checked my Pro-line ticket and nothing. Washington capitals have won an amazing 9 straight. I had Montreal at home to win.

After I post this, I'm having a bite to eat and watch the news and Inner Space On Space. My half hour before bed serving of Sci-fi. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment