Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Job woes and such again

Sigh, the idea was to go into work leaving yesterday behind me and start fresh. I got, again 1 sale for the same ammount for $20. Gerry never said anything to me but I kind of knew he had it in the back of his mind. Most of the sales at the end of the day were something like in the $200-300 range. I began to tweak my pitch a bit more going for sponsorships only but after about 3pm the calls were coming so short and far and few between. I got a couple of nibbles and all and a few call backs for tomorrow. I was half expecting Gerry to call me into the office saying something like “Sorry Jim, but it’s not working out so I‘m moving you back to res until we clean this up. I‘ll have you back for our next campaign, etc.” But to my surprise, he didn‘t call me in. I‘m sure I‘ve got a few more days to pick it up a bit but if my whole week is one or two sales/day, I‘m sure he‘s not going to keep me around much longer in biz.



So, I was glad to be out of there and I got myself a Pro-line ticket for tonight picking 4 games. One of those Oiler‘s/Flyers and that game concluded about 30 minutes ago with the Oiler‘s losing 4-1. I though the Oiler‘s had a strong game but the turning point was a 5 minute major we got which they scored with 17 seconds left on their PP. I slept through most of the 3rd period dozing off on the couch for 40 minutes. So much for my Pro-line. If all 4 games would have come in, that would have net me $70 but I played mostly long shots. All my picks lost as I picked all visitor. Vancouver is losing the last of my games at the end of the 1st period 2-1 but that may be my only win but that wont be over for about an hour yet.


So most likely if my sales don’t pick up Gerry will call me into the office Friday night and wont even give me a warning. It‘s not like I‘m going to be without a job or anything. It means that I‘ll be back to working afternoons/evenings and I‘ll miss the last 15 Oiler games and a lot of the playoffs. I‘ll still be going out to Lodge and all that good stuff. If Friday I‘m getting like $20, $30, $50 totals yeah Friday after work, he‘ll call me in and say I‘m back in res. If not then maybe I bought myself another week. Anyway, that‘s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment