Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well its

a Sunday. Next weekend is going to be busy. I told Anne that I’m going to Ye Old craft for a rare morning Master Mason’s degree at 9am. She didn’t offer much resistance at all. She was more concerned that she gets the use of the bus pass, which she will as they’re done at 1pm festive board and all. But what I think I’ll just do is give her the bus pass and head over to Long & McQuade (the competition to Axe music) and get the midi keyboard Controller on my way home. I‘m getting the Oxygen 25 controller. It kind of looks like a toy keyboard but its very powerful. I like the tools it comes with like Strike, Velvet, Hybrid, and a few others and the price $130! So this week I‘m going to call and see if they have any in stock and ask them if I bring my laptop down could they make sure that the software is installed properly and hook up the midi settings because this is where I get lost. If they can do it for me that is.

Then after all that I’m going to rush back home and drop everything off change and head downtown as I’m meeting some friends after work for drinks and I don’t want to be carrying my laptop and the controller with me while I’m out. I want to also make sure that I have enough cash for taking my wife out for her birthday dinner on Sunday as we’re going to head off to the Ramada for supper. After that I can play around with my controller when we get home. Her birthday isn’t until Wednesday anyway. Also, next Sunday is daylight savings time again. The clocks move ahead 1 hour. I’ve got a fun but busy weekend next weekend and as rare as they are I like them a lot.

For the rest f the week, I have nothing pressing, just work and watching the Oiler’s. They won last night 5-1 in Denver. Since Hemsky, Hall & Penner are out with injuries and traded the Oiler’s called up this Giroux fellow from the AHL and he’s got 29 goals there this season. He’s been around for a few years as he played with NY Rangers and got pushed back to the minors and then with Washington and got pushed back. He’s never been in a steady line up except in the minors. With 17 games left and a beat up blue line,the Oiler’s need all the help they can get. Even if they win all their next 17 games, there’s no way they can get into the playoffs. Yet the Oiler’s played with spark and energy while the Av’s looked like a team that was just going through the motions, ok enough of that.

Speaking about Masonry and all earlier this post, I’m going to try and visit a lodge/week. This is going to be great because when I’m junior warden I would have visited most of the lodges if not once but twice and when it comes time to sell tickets to our Robbie Burns (Which I’m going to organize) night those Lodges that I have already visited will expect to have me there in January promoting our event and hopefully selling tickets. Also, I‘m going to ask in the Lodge at the festive board to visit other Lodges as well it’s my goal to have more then our current JW did. We had 40 people at the RB night in January. The JW (me 2012) I hope to have more of a turnout. Anyone including non Masons are allowed to attend the RB night. Also, as JW I organize the Lodge BBQ and I think Fort Edmonton park. I put my name up for that when it was announced Thursday. Our district basically facilitates this and our Lodge always has a couple of weekends representing itself there. I went a few years ago and had a great time. I signed up for the one on my birthday August 21st.

Despite the ammount of snow on the ground its this time of year we usually have what’s called the March run-off but it’s been colder longer and with more snow. Neil who drives me to Lodge was saying (and he’s lived here all his life) was saying that this is the worst winter he’s seen here since 1969. I was 19 years old at that time.

I haven’t heard anything yet about 2011 Doctor Who episodes with Matt Smith. Usually Space has them on this time of year. Anyway that‘s all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment