Sunday, April 16, 2017

I've got 2 more sleep in

days here and a short week this week. Anne wants me to work 3 days a week when I'm on full pension, and this way, every week will be 4 days off. Add that and the 2 weeks off during Christmas holidays and the 2 months off between campaigns and the 3.5 months off over the summer, life is good. Plus with the extra time off I'll have more time to go out and visit other lodges, and more time to do music production and squeeze in a bit of gaming as well.

Speaking of which, occasionally I get asked: "Hey Jim are you going to get the new Nintendo Switch?" My answer? No. Why? Because the games aren't there yet and I like the classic console look and feel of the original system. There are enough pre "Switch" games I haven't played yet, little alone any new ones that could be slow in arriving. Besides, I'm not that big on video gaming. I haven't even bought any games for my New 3ds xl yet and I've had the system for over a year now. I'm just to involved in other things like work, my lodge etc to be bothered with any gaming. Maybe in the summer I'll get back into it. I think if I had to chose and prioritize my gaming time and there were opportunity I'd rather game ASL instead. However, I like the Mario, platform and some Indie games that might be kind of fun. 

I'm not looking forward to the day when the Federal Government will legalize Cannabis. Its not so much the idea to make it legal but the impact it will have on various issues: Besides travel across the US boarder, and under the Cannabis Act, which was introduced in the House of Commons this week, people over the age of 18 would be able to grow as many as four marijuana plants in their homes, as long as the plants aren't taller than 100 centimeters. The Canadian Federation of Apartment Associations, which represents landlords that manage rental units across the country, said that allowance goes too far.
"Fundamentally we want marijuana growing to still be prohibited in rental units and in multiple-dwelling units, [which] include condos [and] co-operatives," federation president John Dickie told CBC News. From that point of view, there are impacts on apartment neighbors and
Health, safety concerns as well. Some of the issues would be

- Mould problems caused by the humidity required to grow marijuana, which could erode drywall and window seals.
- An overtaxed electrical system due to the grow lamps needed to keep marijuana plants alive during the winter

- Increased fire hazards due to people drying marijuana in a household stove.
- Odours from plants getting into other people's units and fire and building code rules would also apply here. The majority of the Cannabis act should be controlled by the Provinces. Most of this piece was taken up by the fair use act and the original article can be found here. The author of this story has a valid point.


This week I'm off today and tomorrow. I have the Oilers/Sharks game on TV tonight. Monday, Anne and I are going to go to the Clareview Rec Centre to get our rec Centre free pass photo's taken and the pass renewed. Then there's Monday night Raw. Tuesday I need to run down to my bank and get 2 direct bank deposit forms for the gis and provincial supplements. Since game 4 of the Oilers/Sharks game is Tuesday night odds are high I could get a ride home to catch 90% of the game. Wednesday before work its off to Canada Place to have my gis filled out and to drop Anne's CPP application. Thursday, its down to the Provincial to have my form filled out there work, and game #5 (if it gets that far). Friday I need to get to the other job and pick up a small cheque double back to get the train to work. Saturday its a short 10-2 shift and game #6 (maybe) So I have a busy week. The good news with all this pension form filing it only needs to be done once. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment