Monday, April 3, 2017

My weekend was kind of a

unplanned "long weekend." Work at my West end job ended Thursday night. I still had an errand to run Friday to pick up a small cheque there. The boss said call back this Thursday to see what's coming up for work. I had a short 4 hour shift at the Southside job. That was a easy in and out kind of a shift. I didn't bring enough cash for my Space Marine Battles book but I'm picking that up today on my way into work. It was great to see the Oilers clinch the division playing Saturday night. Sunday was Wrestlemania 33 in Orlando as Anne was out getting Chinese food for us. The show for some reason went off the air as John Cena was going to ask Niki Bela to marry him. In a way that break was good. Anne was monitoring the station when it came back on about 45 minutes later. We didn't miss much. Anne brought out a rack of baby back ribs about 11:30pm. I ate them, what the heck. Because the show went off the air and there was no earth shattering event on the Wrestlemania card, I'd rate the show 3.5 out of 5. There were too many promo's. Nothing going on between Mick Folly. It was kind of a lame show to be honest. I thought the Triple H/Seth Rawlins match was the best of the bunch. The only down side to my weekend was not getting my book. I went to bed around 4am this morning. 

I got a lot going on this week: Before I leave out of here I need to call my Doctor's office to reset tomorrows appointment for next Tuesday. Then its off to my Southside job this afternoon. Tomorrow I need to call my PCN to set up an appointment for my pharmacist to arrange for insulin and to see a foot Doctor. Tomorrow I'm in the lab above my Doctors office for blood work, that was supposed to be done February. The Doctor needs some time to be able to read the blood work results. Then I need to visit the Provincial office (main floor just underneath the Doctors office) about applying for a Provincial pension/subsidy. I'm thinking the Provincial subsidy works very similar to the Federal one, I also need to get at before Easter. Then Wednesday before work its to go to Service Canada and get my Federal pension/subsidy started. The two enhance my OAS but like CPP take a year to process. I can apply for the Federal subsidy 6 months before I turn 65. I'm thinking same with the Provincial one. The Provincial pension also has medical benefits associated with it. Then Thursday night its lodge night. I'm doing a special prayer as lodge Chaplin (which I can read). About 4pm I'll call the West end job to see what's coming for work. If I get a "We might have something next week, call Wednesday." Ok fine, but I'm thinking if they don't have anything for next week to offer me this week, then its probably going to be Easter week they'll have something. maybe on the 12th. And of course follow the Oilers in the last week of regulation play. After lodge, its just to work out the rest of the week. So blog entries might be sketchy this week. but I'm still here. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment