Thursday, October 18, 2018

How about that

weather? That normally would be an ice breaker to a conversation. In this case our local weather yesterday could have easily shared the same front page as legal weed. We hit a record for October 17th peaking up to +25 👀 The long range forecast is supposed to be in the double digits until the end of the month. Perfect football weather🏈 Usually in early November, up to daylight savings, we're around -2-0. That's the "good part" to Global warming. 

So finally, the Oilers are playing 500 hockey. That's the good news for the good guys. And playing 500 hockey just means if this were the end of the season, the Oilers would have won about 50% of the 82 games. Not enough to make the playoffs but its a good place too start. 95 points gets the Oilers into the playoffs. Apparently from what I heard last night, the Oilers were the best team on Home ice. What bothers me is that Connor McDavid is about the only guy that can score goals on this team. We got too many $4-6 million dollar do nothing players and a week cap space. If PC plays it smart don't re sign players, by this time next year even with McDavid's $12 million/year contract, Oilers could have ~ $20 caps space for the 2019-20 season. But what got the Oilers into cap space trouble was (in my opinion) bad decision making by high echelon upper office people. And I'm not alone here. This article is a pre Nurse contract signing but worth a look. Bad news is that we play Boston tonight for our first game on home ice for the regular season. 

I have nothing against people smoking cannabis. I'm all in favour of medical marijuana as well. I have a friend that has arthritis and cannabis might help her with the pain. I'm going to suggest just to cover her basis that she get a doctors prescription. What has me concerned is 2nd hand pot smoke. I don't want the smell of it on my cloths, or THC in my system.  Mainly because if I ever need to take a company drug test, I don't want even trace amounts of THC in my system, and if I ever need to cross the boarder I don't want to fail a cannabis check. US boarder agents can pull people over just on suspicion Nor do I want to be anywhere around people that smoke it. The science isn't in but what would heavy intake or long term use of THC do to those that might have schizophrenia issues?   

As for me, I'm at work tonight 5-9. I didn't get a complete last night (I think the nice weather had something to do with it, and I was in the Chinatown area) for the first hour and a half best I could get was 7 but for the area I was calling, I was top shelf commodity for the source I was calling by the end of the night. then on top of that the Capital lrt line was under maintenance. The call boards we're down. So tonight, more of the same. I just need to be careful because most of the areas we're doing in the City are quota filled. We had a new guy last night training and he got up and just left. Not sure if he quit or what? Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment